Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Healthy Eating

Re: Healthy Eating

I did 2 terms of Pilates before the summer but need to cut down on spending now that I am not working so decided not to go. I have bought the equipment to do it at home but unfortunately I haven't been motivated enough to take it out of the packaging

I've tried to do it at home too Annie but it never works. I have countless exercise DVD's - some like you, that haven't been opened. It's taking that first step but once you start feeling and seeing results it can be addictive. My gym is right next door to my work so I'm there in seconds. Out one door and straight in another! No excuses really.... although I do still look for them! xx

Maybe I should add to this thread healthy exercising

Well I've been good again today, had my five for sure as I had a salad again. It will be different tomorrow though......so I may not be so good then

I think it's hard to get in the five a day if you're have what I call "a hot or gravy dinner" I mean I can have 2 small portions of veg with it, I usually do, but I don't eat breakfast, just can't I'm never hungry then and If I make myself have breakfast, it makes me feel bloated and really off for the day, so I avoid it now, and later in the evening I might have a piece of fruit, so that only brings me up to 3..........I can't think really of any ways that I could make the other 2??

A glass of pure fruit juice counts as 1 of your five a day. That is how I get mine up. I have only had 4 today so may have to have another glass of juice. I guess there wasn't enough fruit in my fruit cake to count as a portion .

I'll have to get some apple juice then.

Annie do you happen to know what varieties there are in fresh fruit juice now please hun??

I can't have grapefruit because it effects one of the medications that I'm on and I can't have orange juice cos it just goes straight through me at an alarming rate!!!!

So am I to be stuck with apple then??

orange juice has the same affect on me. Innocent fruit smoothies are good. In juices you can get mango, passion fruit, pineapple, raspberry, grape.

Meche - even without the bad back I'd be useless! I just don't enjoy exercise, and lack motivation. The pain put me off too, but I'm determined once my back is better to get fit. I haven't bought any home dvds etc as I no I won't do them!

Juices you can get things like apple and mango too, and other combinations.

Well another successful gym session ladies followed by a bowl of wholesome homemade potato & veg soup. Thing is, I feel a sweet craving coming & don't want to succumb! What do you ladies eat to substitute a sugar craving? xx

Quote Originally Posted by meche View Post
    Well another successful gym session ladies followed by a bowl of wholesome homemade potato & veg soup. Thing is, I feel a sweet craving coming & don't want to succumb! What do you ladies eat to substitute a sugar craving? xx
    Red grapes and strawberries sort out my sugar cravings Meche

Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread Information