Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: achey and many thoughts

achey and many thoughts

Hi

Is it possible to feel achey but not be ill ( I mean our thoughts/brain telling us we ache) if you no what I mean

It's just that I have had a sore throat last week and just bit of a cold(but like it's not come out fully) and now the aches I feel are really getting to me I can't switch off from them regardless of what I'm doing, the keep coming to the forefront. I feel like I'm about to flip at any minute with it, it's all getting out of hand.

I don't know if its my brain making me feel I'll or I am I'll ? All I know is its horrible and I can't shake it off.

Have any of you had this feeling?? And if so how do you get rid?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 16:59 ---------- Previous post was at 15:00 ----------

Anybody ?

Re: achey and many thoughts

"Is it possible to feel achey but not be ill?"

Absolutely! Exercise, sleeping funny, age etc. all can lead to achy muscles and joints. One doesn't have to be ill to feel these things. Anymore, my joints sound like I'm making popcorn in the morning ~lol~ I would have to say I ache nearly all the time since my cancer treatment. Ibuprofen, hot showers and a comfy recliner with back support do the trick for me

Positive thoughts and prayers
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thanks fishmanpa,

God I thought out of all the people on here surely somebody must of had similar thought/symptoms ?

I have been out in the garden to see if I could distract myself, but I got an over whelming low feeling in the pit of my stomach. I am trying to distract myself to not think of how I feel but it's not working, I feel I've got to be doing things and can't relax.

How and what do you do when like this ?

hi there i get lots of pain and it always sets of panic , I find like yourself I have to keep doing things because when I stop my mind just goes into overtime I'm sorry I can't help but I do understand how you feel big hugs.

Thanks dizzydog

It's really horrible how we can't even rest without this horrible illness taking over.

Clio51 do yo u get panic attacks or just worked up and worried ?how long have you been like this if you don't mind me asking.

Quote Originally Posted by clio51 View Post
    How and what do you do when like this ?
    It comes down to making a decision. Do you push through it or let it stop you from what you need to do?

Yesterday I was hurting. Hips, back, neck etc.... I had errands I needed to run, food shopping, bank, post office etc.

I took a couple of ibuprofen and headed out. I did good for a while but by the time I was finishing up I was really in pain. I made it home, put everything away, took a pain pill and chilled out. Felt much better an hour later.

We're going to have aches and pains in our life. We have a choice and decision to make. Do we let it stop us or do we push through it and deal. I choose to push through and deal with it. There are going to be days when you hurt and there are going to be days when you feel good. Thus is life and life doesn't stop because you are hurting.

Positive thoughts and prayers
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I've suffered from anxiety/panic for nearly 30 years on and off.
    I've not had a panic attack just no stop thoughts all day and can't relax

30years is tough glad you don't get panic attacks, my racing thoughts and certain pains set my panic attacks going not good . I still push on most days but its hard at times the only time I get a break is when I get some sleep. Do you take meds ?

I have had panic attacks but not today. I hate it when your mind won't switch off at bedtime and your bloody tossing and turning for hours!

Yes am on meds venlafaxine 150mg and diazepam as and when needed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information