Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Withdrawal on day 8 looking for a buddy

citalopram withdrawal blog posts from others going through this appreciated

Well after tapering off over a couple of months I am now on day 8 of nothing went from 10mg to 0 with advice from doctor... Having a few withdrawal side effects but going to persevere if anyone else is at the same stage as me with their withdrawal woul really like to hear from you.

Will post updates on here as to how it's going, it will be a diary for me but hopefully may help someone else aswell

Xx
    Last edited by Mrs Anxious; 11-09-13 at 10:40. Reason: changing title

Re: Withdrawal on day 8 looking for a buddy

Quote Originally Posted by paulmoldeeside View Post
    Not quite there, am down to 10mg every other day. I really wish you all the best for living meds free.

Take care

Paul
    Hi Paul, good luck to you too keep me posted on how ur getting on x

I've been cutting down for quite a few weeks now and been taking one 10mg every 5 days as am scared to stop taking it completely. Have forgotten to take it the past few 5+ days. Maybe just stop now...I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeble View Post
    I've been cutting down for quite a few weeks now and been taking one 10mg every 5 days as am scared to stop taking it completely. Have forgotten to take it the past few 5+ days. Maybe just stop now...I want to.
    Why don't you give it a go? If u have tapered off gradually u should be ok to try, if u feel its too much you can always go back to 10mg as I understand it withdrawal peaks on days 3-6 so if u have missed the tablets for 5+ days maybe you are going to be ok? Good luck and let me know how u get on x

Well done for getting to day 8. I have decreased my Citalopram from 40mgs to 5 mgs over the past 4 months and working up the courage to stop completely. Took me ages to start them 3 years ago (panic and anxiety) but now, much much fatter and probably none the wiser, have decided to have another go at being "normal"! Have bought in a multitude of vitamins to take - have to start somewhere in my "new life" - and hey presto the weight should be falling off, - at some point! However, how can I get off this last 5 mgs - any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful1 View Post
    Well done for getting to day 8. I have decreased my Citalopram from 40mgs to 5 mgs over the past 4 months and working up the courage to stop completely. Took me ages to start them 3 years ago (panic and anxiety) but now, much much fatter and probably none the wiser, have decided to have another go at being "normal"! Have bought in a multitude of vitamins to take - have to start somewhere in my "new life" - and hey presto the weight should be falling off, - at some point! However, how can I get off this last 5 mgs - any suggestions?
    Hi,

You have done brilliantly getting from 40 to 5, have you had any side effects at all? I went from 10 to nothing with advice from doctor, maybe you could every other day with the 5 and then every 2 days etc until you are off it?

---------- Post added at 13:51 ---------- Previous post was at 13:47 ----------

Day 10 and its still hard.. had a mini panic attack in my sleep last, violent shivering and racing heart, my husband gave me some reassurance and I drifted back off.... sat in work today vision is a bit weird lots of black floaters and I feel i feel a bit vacant also I am unbelievably knackered! anyone else get this?

Im quite proud of being cit free for 10 days I am going to stick this out it can only get easier I hope )) Good luck to anyone else trying to withdrawal its a beast of a drug to get off of......

Hang on in there, you are doing so well. Yes 30 to 20 mgs was terrible, was signed off from work with labrynthitis but on reflection it was a side effect - really dizzy and "not all there" if you know what I mean. I do wonder about GPs sometimes. Anyway have persevered, will try missing my half a tab (5mg) tonight and see how I feel then take one tomorrow instead. I can see me ultimately ending up licking it for a minute dose lol. Unbelievable how a little tablet can cause so much chaos. Chin up and keep going...

day 11... not a good day woke up feeling ok however I am in work staring at my screen totally out of it.... I have my anxiety froup tonight so hoping to feel more positive later on.... I refuse to give in to citalopram it is NOT taking hold of me I want to be myself drug free..... good luck to anyone else out there withdrawing xxx

how are you doing after your day 11. I plucked up the courage to miss one day of Cit and still alive so far! I must admit I have kept the tabs quite close by - just in case - as a security thing, yes I know completely nuts but that is who I am. I think I have finally learned to accept myself at last - warts n all! Perhaps that will be the secret to success - I hope.

hello hun im with you here. i was on 20mg and stopped by cutting them down and then i went away on holiday and forgot the damn things and by the time i got home i was 6 days past taking my last one so i thought right lets do this. I thought i was ok but by week 3 i started feeling awful (will post above). i think im finally getting there now good luck hun xxxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information