Thread: surgical scar

surgical scar

Hi everyone,
    So my issue of the week is this surgical scar on my upper right side.
    I had what was thought to be a cyst removed and it was some type of mass (not cancer) and it was a deep cut. So, that was in January, so now 9 months later, the scar still looks pinkish and slightly bruised. It lies exactly were by bra wraps around which I am sure doesn't help. But I can still feel something like a tingly/itchy feeling down deep in that area. It doesn't hurt to touch it or anything and looks far from infected. But now I am afraid the growth is growing back, or its not healing right or not healing at all underneath and I am going to have to have them cut it open again and god only knows whats under there! I am seriously freaking out...The dermatologist who did the surgery left the practice so its impossible to get an appointment with the one doctor left anytime soon and truth is, I am too scared to go back there and have them look at it.
    So my question is, is it normal to have a scar still be sore and tingly this long after? it's about a 2 inch bumpy looking line.

Re: surgical scar

Quote Originally Posted by Amandala View Post
    So my question is, is it normal to have a scar still be sore and tingly this long after? it's about a 2 inch bumpy looking line.
    Without a doubt, absolutely! I have a 6" scar on my chest from open heart surgery in 2007. It still aches to this day. I also have a 6" scar on my neck from a selective neck dissection in February of this year and I have all sorts of neck and shoulder pain as well as numbness.

Positive thoughts and prayers
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Yes it is. My daughter has a scar from hipbone to hipbone and she never imagined it would stop troubling her - now she forgets she has it. Look on the bright side, your nerves are working fine!

Thanks guys! And LOL Speranza, my nerves sure are working!
    I guess its still healing deep down in there and I need to stop giving it so much attention!

Thread Information