Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone been taken off the sick ? !!!

Anyone been taken off the sick ? !!!

i Was on Incapacity Benefit due to anxiety and panic attaks i have never be able to work bcos of my problems!! doc at assessment centre messedd up my report and my benefit was taken off me Now I'm on Income Suport until i appeal !!!

one of the Questions was can you go out alone
    and made it clear to her that i never can go out alone she wrote down i can now its all messed up and since being taken off sick its made me feel worse i keep havin panic attacks since getting the letter on saturday ive had a sharp chest pain..... im going to my docs tomorrow for some help

i would love to hear if anyone else as been in the same place im in at the mo and what happened !!!

come and join our new and fast growing general discussion forum....
    http://z6.invisionfree.com/NGForum/index.php

Hi Nicki

Sorry to hear you're feeling bad. I've never been in your situation, but just wanted to say hi and tell you your not alone. Seeing your doc sounds like the best plan, maybe he or she can help speed things up for you. I saw my doc today and came away much reassured.

Hope you start to feel better soon.

Lisa.

Sorry your going through a rough time.Your doctor needs to make it clearer to them why you are off sick.hope all goes well tomorrow for you.

Ellen XX

Hiya Nikki

Sorry to hear about that, thought id reply and tell you your not alone.
    Ive suffered for 4 years now and over the past 2 months it got that bad that i never went to work for 2 weeks, i went back but now find myself taking sickies as i have a fear of going out the houe alone

I really hope every thing sorts itself out.. im sure it will

all the best

scott

hiya guys thanks for your replys....ive sent my form off for the appeal....im going to explian everything to my doc tomorrow hopefully he can help

Hello Nicki, Sorry you are having such a hard time. I tried once for a disability check when I first started having panic attacks, the case worker denied me. I just had to make myself go to work ( as I support my family alone). It was really tough for awhile. But I got better and now am in college and work too. You too can get yourself back into the world. Talk to someone about how you feel, go to the Dr. and seek somekind of meds if you are willing to do that. I just made myself face up to the fears, it was awful feeling like my mind was slipping away and no one could understand. Now when I feel an attack coming on I tell myself NO!!, everything is okay and do any thing that can to distract myself or calm my nerves. The only time I have not gotton under control is at night when I wake up in the middle of a panic attack. One thing that I have noticed is that my on bad thoughts can cause me to have an attack. Do you have the same problem??? Step out on your door step or what ever and look around at the world and tell yourself okay, I am scared but there is no reason to be I am okay and I can take charge of my life. Little steps can help you learn to stop the PAs. Well hope you will start to get better. Do not give up. You can help yourself. You might enjoy getting out and seeing the world it is not that bad a place.
    All the best,
    Twila

thanks for your reply hun.....wen im trying to sleep all thoughts enter my head and stop me from sleeping then when i do drop off to sleep i wake up in a panic..... another thing is i can never be alone....i also suffer from social phobia and depression.... im just shocked how i still suffer but been taken off the sick makes me laugh whats the point in going to the medicals if they dont listen !!!!

Hi nikki
    Don't let the panic attacks beat you. You can do it. How are you at present.:(

im not doing too well at the minute...not geting much sleep the chest pains are keeping me awake,,,the added stress from me being taken off the sick as made me feel worse its the last thing i need....and i got to sit around waiting for the appeal could take up to a month....im just glad i got my partner to lean on but i dont want to but stress on to him so its hard for me !!!!

Hi Nicki

It is riduculous. This is not the first time i have heard of these test centres getting things wrong. I was on incapacity benefit 10 years ago due to panic and anxiety and had all sorts of problems with it. i got no sympathy and was basicaaly told that i needed to get on with it as i suffered no visible physical problem and that i would need to "get a grip" and get a job! for want of better words. It angers me a great deal as at the time i would love to have been able to do just that. I was forced to get by on little money until i was well enough to earn myself - which took a long time. I know that us anxious people need sometimes to be pushed in the right direction but i think it very sad that we have no provisions made for long term anxiety. (or at least not then). As we all know this problem is not something thats easy to beat and does come back to bite you.

I would definetley go to the docs and fight your case - if your not well then its no differnt to any other health problem.

good luck

Michelle.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information