Thread: Almost fainted twice in two days -too scared to go to in to work. Please help :'(

Almost fainted twice in two days -too scared to go to in to work. Please help :'(

Hey guys I really need some advice. On Sunday at work I nearly fainted (one of my biggest fears) then yesterday it happened too and I came home from work. I saw the Dr who prescribed me antibiotics for a Uti but I dont think that was why I felt the way I did. Yesterday I was scared it would happen again and my*anxiety has been building up so much recently. I told my friend who is a first aider and I was shaking for ages I wasn't panicking though. Could this be anxiety? It was so real like o had something physically wrong with me. Do you guys think I should take a couple of days of work to relax and calm my mind. I plan on going to see my actual doctor but I am so scared to go into work as I know it will happen again. If I allow myself to relax then I will feel better but I can't knowing I have to go to work in a couple of hours. Please help my anxiety has gotten so bad recently*

---------- Post added at 09:43 ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 ----------

I'm not going to work I am way too scared :(

Re: Almost fainted twice in two days -too scared to go to in to work. Please help :'(

What exactly did it feel like when you say you nearly fainted? What were the symptoms?

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Re: Almost fainted twice in two days -too scared to go to in to work. Please help :'(

Sometimes with anxiety we can feel as if we are going to faint as our bodies feel weak. You said you "nearly fainted" but you didn't so that is a positive right? It is unlikely that you will faint, it is just anxiety making you feel that way.
    Only you can decide if you can cope with work or not. If you are being treated for a UTI then you are probably feeling a bit low and under the weather anyway so maybe a couple of days for the antibiotics to work and you may start to feel better.

I often feel like I'm going to faint. Even when I'm not panicking, sometimes it's just the anxiety in my body that makes me feel dizzy and lightheaded. It can come out of nowhere which always makes me think "it's not anxiety!" but it's never caused me to faint before, so I'm learning to (or at least trying to) live with it.

If you have an infection, you have a valid reason to take a couple of days off. However, that won't fix the root of the problem which is anxiety - we unfortunately have to learn to live with these uncomfortable sensations and not fear them, as that's apparently how to make them go away!

Thread Information