Thread: week 3 on 80 mg Prozac, Anxiety is still high

week 3 on 80 mg Prozac, Anxiety is still high

I started back in June I believe switching from paxil 40 mg to prozac 20 mg. It didn't seem to work and have increased to 40 sometime in July and now I'm on week 3 today of 80 mg.(started August 19th) The anxiety is high when I wake up and it takes me a while to get moving and I feel sort of out of it, which I then become a bit obsessive about how I am feeling and think "well something must be wrong here".. I just wanted to get some advice, my psychiatrist thinks I should hold out until the 6 week mark to make a decision on possibly changing meds ( I have panic disorder) I feel almost agoraphobic but have been pushing myself to go out and do things (I do have things that need to get done and I can;t just sit around) I guess just some words of encouragement. I've been looking on here at other people's journey on this med and no one is on nearly as high of a dose as I am. at some times the anxiety is so high I almost feel manic!! like I'm literally going to go insane. on top of all this I just recently had to get a temp crown on one of my teeth and its still pretty sore (which AGAIN makes me think "omg what if its never going to heal and it gets infected??!!!) I'm on antibiotics as well. *sigh* my sleep is really good I take mirtazapine 15mg and it seems to help me fall asleep and stay asleep. I just am looking for some words of encouragement I'm struggling with trying to stay positive and keep moving forward with the Prozac

Re: week 3 on 80 mg Prozac, Anxiety is still high

You seem to be moving up on doses very quickly considering it takes about 6-8 weeks for prozac to work initially, how long were you on the 20mg before moving up to 40mg? if you only started in June then its not been to long i think it may be wise to give it sometime to see if it kicks in, i would have waited initially at least a couple of months on the 20mg, so try and give it sometime to work its magic blessings

Re: week 3 on 80 mg Prozac, Anxiety is still high

Yeah that was what I was thinking I didn't really let myself get used to being on 20 mg, then switched abruptly to 40, then 80. I am going to give it time before I decide to switch meds, give it time to work. I joined an anxiety support group and started seeing my therapist again so hopefully it helps

Thread Information