Thread: Should I do a MRI too?

Should I do a MRI too?

I have brain tumor anxiety for almost 2 years and I often get weird head pains, like stabbing or shooting pains in the back of my head that only last for a few seconds. I was really worried about them when they first started to appear and even though my neurologist said I do not have brain tumor, I couldn't convince myself so I did a CT scan and the results came normal. I was relieved for a while but then I read somebody on the internet saying that a MRI can show a lot of things a CT scan can't, including brain tumors. I've always known that a MRI is a better method but I don't know, I just thought the CT would be enough, but now I can't stop stressing about the question WHAT IF the CT scan couldn't diagnose a brain tumor and I'm freaking out, I don't wanna go through this again... I told my doctor about this and he just laughed and told me to stop worrying over stupid things but I just can't get this information out of my head. Should I do a MRI too even if my CT scan was clear?

Re: Should I do a MRI too?

Hello Brain tumour fears seem to be alot of peoples fears.
    I am uncertain as to the differences between a CT scan and an MRI, When i have my scans (for a BT) i have an MRI, if you can get an MRI and it will give you peice of mind then do it, it can not hurt, BT are not that common, so your chances of having one are slim, so all the best and i hope you can climb your mountain blessings

Thread Information