Thread: Lightheaded

Lightheaded

In the past month I've felt dizzy or lightheaded almost all the time, and I'm really not sure why it happened.

It's not vertigo as I can balance very well and I don't feel like the room is spinning. Instead it's a constant feeling of pressure or mild nausea at the back of my head. I've also had problems sleeping, waking up multiple times in the night.

I've had this condition (or at least, something like it) appear and disappear twice in the last two years. The first time was two years ago and lasted for around 2 days, the second time was in December 2012 and lasted for a week and a half.

I've been trying to think of what could have caused it (which itself has made me more stressed). I wonder if it's a form of Vertebrobasilar insufficiency as I remember that I went to a chiropractor on the day my dizzyness started, but the symptoms of Vertebrobasilar insufficiency seem quite extreme compared to what I'm experiencing, and I also done other things on that day which would cause normal stress, such as preparing to move house.

As I was feeling dizzy, I went to have my ears examined two weeks ago and they found that while there weren't any serious signs of injury (such as perforation etc), they did notice that the ear drum was slightly miss-shaped and some of the skin was red.

Thanks for any advice.
    Last edited by David55; 14-09-13 at 11:13.

Re: Lightheaded

Hi
    I have been having ga terrible time too with my ears.dizzy but not Spinny dizzy. Dr reckons it started i n my sinuses .not sure as I also have fibromyalgia which can make you dizzy.

Re: Lightheaded

I hope this doesn’t count as a grave-dig (moderators feel free to lock if it is) but I thought I'd give this topic some closure since I've came back here.

About a month after this I found that the 'light-headed' symptoms seemed to go away. To this day I still don't know what caused it, but I suspect that it was the stress of moving house combined with whatever was happening with my ear, which then turned into a vicious circle once I started worrying about being lightheaded. Once I found a job I was so busy that it took my mind off it, and it hasn't returned since.

Thread Information