Thread: Asthma inhalers

Asthma inhalers

I geuss I will ask my doctor. I have just been prescribed a blue inhaler sebutamol. After taking it I feel edgy, if that makes sense. Not sure if this just the inhaler, the anxiety or the combined affect of the inhaler and the Citarolpram 20mg I take for anxiety. Kind of also got PMS, bit like I wanted to hit something and/or cry earlier, but they has got positive so my anxieties have died down and my mind is not full of **** tonight.

Hi Mandy,

I have asthma and have used salbutamol for years and can't say it's ever made me edgy, even when hugely anxious. It can however make you feel shaky and increase your heart rate but not usually after just one or two puffs, only if you took alot at once, more than a normal dose. It's probably worth checking with your doctor sometime though if it continues or worries you.
    Do you get anxious when taking new medications? (I know I do!) if so it could be the anxiety after taking it making you feel edgy. I always worry about side effects when I try something new.
    I do get very edgy sometimes with PMS though so it definitely could be that.

Take care,

Lisa

Iv got pmt at the mo, feel like crying and feel like hitting out to.Sounds like its pmt with you to.:(
    take care

Ellen XX

With me its usually a combination of half a dozen things. I have trouble saying what I mean, that's it shaky and raised heart beat, i use my inhaler when i need it. The PMS is in addition, I was perfectly sound last night and then all of sudden the negative thoughts hit and I cried, but in the morning I reasoned with myself. I may have more behind my anxiety, I am looking into assessment for asperper's. Its connected to what worries me and obviously a lot more factors.

Thread Information