Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mini panic when I went out tonight!

Mini panic when I went out tonight!

I had period pain so I went for a walk and to the 24 hour store about 20 minutes walk away ,even though it was 11:30PM, and there was a rather drunk woman at the bus stop being sick obviously. I waited in the shop for a few minutes but she carried on so I had to walk past her and was really nervous. I was tempted to ask if she was OK but didn't (I couldn't have done anything anyway cause I forgot my phone), and now I feel silly and am wondering if I did the right thing.
    What would you have done? And does this mean I have emetophobia?

Re: Mini panic when I went out tonight!

How do you know she was drunk?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    How do you know she was drunk?
    That's not making me feel better! And cause she had a bottle of vodka, was dressed like a clubber and it's Saturday night.

I was just asking because there are many reasons for people being sick not just because they are drunk.

I would have asked if she was ok and needed help

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I was just asking because there are many reasons for people being sick not just because they are drunk.

I would have asked if she was ok and needed help
    I can tell when someone is obviously drunk! And seriously, what could I have done with no phone anyway? She wasn't bad enough to need an ambulance.

You would have gone back to the shop and asked them to call 999.

You asked for opinions on what others would have done and are now having a go at me for replying!

You would have gone back to the shop and asked them to call 999.

You asked for opinions on what others would have done and are now having a go at me for replying!
    I'm not having a go. I would ask the shop to call 999 if someone was actually laying on the floor, but she was sitting up straight on the bench thing and I saw her send a text or something, so that would have seemed a bit OTT.

Ok well why didn't you put all that in the original post so we knew the whole story about the vodka bottle and that she was texting etc. When we get the whole picture it throws a completely different light on things

Ok well why didn't you put all that in the original post so we knew the whole story about the vodka bottle and that she was texting etc. When we get the whole picture it throws a completely different light on things
    Cause I'm tired and on the mobile, sorry! I would call 999 if someone was actually unconscious (and have done once). She kinda texted for a bit then carried on being sick, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't a life threatening situation.

I wouldn't beat yourself up about it, personally i would have probably been too scared to do anything about it anyway and if she was drunk and i am pretty sure you would be able to tell, it was her own daft fault for drinking so much, she was probably just getting some fresh air or waiting for someone to pick her up, don't worry about it, she will have been fine just woken up with a bit of a hangover if everyone called 999 when they saw someone drunk been sick in the street the hospitals would be overflowing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information