Thread: Horrible Night

Horrible Night

Last night I woke up randomly feeling very odd and ill, I went to check my own pulse (Which I often do as part of my anxiety) and couldnt find one. Then suddenly my heart was hammering and I feel dizzy, sick and a terrible ringing in my ear.

Has this happened to anyone? Did I do this to myself?

Re: Horrible Night

yes - it can be horrible when you suddenly wake up. I've done it especially when I'm dreaming I'm falling. I think there's a name for it. I think feeling sick is part of that fight or flight feeling you get. You can feel yourself jumping awake almost - which I think is called a hypnic jerk - did you get that?

It wasnt a jerk per say. Just woke up feeling horrid. I may have been dreaming. I cant really remember. Was really traumatic and hasnt effected me all day

I think it's completely normal, just very unpleasant and frightening at the time.

I've done that many times, where I look for my pulse and can't find it then I instantly set off MASSIVE panic and my heart goes mad. Just bear in mind that when you're laying down, your blood pressure and heart rate drop so it's harder to find a pulse.

Also you can have anxiety in your sleep. It's truly awful, there's nothing worse than waking up feeling "off" because it doesn't even make sense! Sleep should be relaxing.

Exactly what happened. Was horrible. cant stop thinking about it since it happened. At least if I wake up tonight Ill feel a little reassured. Thanks

Thread Information