Thread: Chest pulses to heart beat?

Chest pulses to heart beat?

Can any one look at their chest and see it move to the beat of your heart? I also find that when I do some kind of physical activity, my heart beats fast. I think it's just that I think about it beating so it feels like it's beating more than normal. Does anyone feel like you heart beats fast when you run or exercise. I think I just think about it and that makes it worse? I've had numerous EKG's and blood tests,xrays, and so far their hasn't been a problem. Does exercise bring on a increase in your heart rate that feels more than normal. I hope this makes sense, even though it doesn't really??

Hi JR

Yes I too get this. I can see my heart beating through my clothes!

Exercise should be good for the panic so try not to stop doing it just because your heart seems to beat faster.

Nicola

Hiya JR
    Yes your heart does beat faster when you exercise, dont worry it is completely normal. I can also sometimes see my chest beating through my clothes, and it probably always used to but its only now i panic that im really noticing it.
    Sarah
    xx

Hi JR,

Your heart beats faster to provide oxygen and nutrition to all the exercising areas. Highly essential activity.

Often you can 'see' your heart beat as far away as your abdomen . This is totally fine. It's from the Aorta - the biggest artery we possess- getting the vital 02 and nutrients to the right places. It's a good thing.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

thanks for all the replys. Do you guys see your heart beating when your just sitting not having and attack or anything? Like you feel fine(whatevr fine may be) and you look down and can just see your chest bumping to the beat of your heart? It doesn't feel like it is beating fast, it's just I can see it beat? Same sometimes when I'm shaving, I can see my pulse through my neck where you would check it? Very strange? Anyways, I've had alot of blood tests done along with EKG or ECG i can't remember. I think when you hear the doctor say everything is normal you feel alot better, but sometimes your kinda hoping they find somthing to explain thingss?

Hi JR,

Not at all strange - totally normal. Anywhere near the heart where there is a large artery in neck- feeds brain , aorta in chest- feeder artery to rest of body you may see/ feel pulsating.

It won't be your actual heart you can see as it's firmly encapsulated inside a great rib cage and be padded by your L lung .

EKG is the USA version of our ECG - same thing . Electro CardioGram.
    Aka : Electrical tracing of your heart.

I assume your blood pressure is fine and you're not on any medication.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Thread Information