Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Medical Services! DWP!

Medical Services! DWP!

Hi,

I received a letter from the DWP, from Cadogan street, glasgow, the place were they do medical assessments.

I have a form to fill in, its says that I'm transferring to ESA, I am already on ESA support. its really weird. I have to have it filled in before 18th October, or I'll lose my benefit.

I have phoned advice works, will have to phone again. is this what they do when your on ESA support, every now and then you got to fill in forms?

the letter is a bit confusing.

Re: Medical Services! DWP!

It's depends on the last time you got accessed/transferred on how long they gave you ie. 12mths 18mths etc.

Have a look on your letter that said you were put in the support group it should tell you how long you have been put in that group for.

When your time is up for renewal you will get another esa 50 form to fill in to be again reassessed. This may take months and sometimes you may have to go for a medical.

clio51,

Thanks for the advice, I checked my letter, I started to get Esa support from 5 February 2013. I have read the letter it dont say how long I will get it for. Why do I need to fill this form in, when only been on ESA Support for 7 months so far? Maybe this is the assessment stage. since it came from the assessment team.

---------- Post added at 22:50 ---------- Previous post was at 22:33 ----------

I have re-read the letter again, found the part it says as long as I'm still entitled to Employment and Support Allowance.
    Last edited by yvonne_uk_98; 19-09-13 at 22:45.

Ring them tomoz, and tell them you only been in support group since Feb and you have another esa 50 why?

If your early riser ring before 8 as there very busy and you are on hold ages!

clio51,

thank you, I will ring them tomorrow to find out why. just causing me to worry.

When I was transferred from Inapacity to ESA I was put in the support group and the letter said for 1 year. 6months before my year was up I got the ESA50 to fill in again, I rang and they said they send them out early due to backlogs. Filled it in and sent it back and this time as I was put in the support group for 6 months only. I'll be getting the form to fill in again soon, I'm dreading it as its so stressful, it made me even more ill last time from all the stress and worry.

Hope you've got it sorted Yvonne xx

I phoned, they had put me on the support group for 6 months, my months are up, to re-apply.

been phoning advice works, no joy, I will phone again on monday. hopefully will get my appointment sorted.

thanks for the help and advice, I became ill last time. here we go again.

Yvonne,

That's crazy 6 mths, that means about 4 month in you have to fill in another of those forms and all the stress of waiting again!

Clio51,

I dont think its fair at all. wish I got the letter before I seen my gp. I'll need to phone on Monday to ask to speak to her, to let her know, I got that dreaded from again.

Phone advice works, got an appointment to fill the form in, i'm away for 2 weeks, my appointment is on 10 October. I'll try and not to worry about it until I come back. hope i manage it.

I phoned my gp, asked for her to give me a call back, not going anywhere as I need to speak to her.

will keep ya posted on how things go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information