Thread: Finally....Doctor listened. I've got Anxiety!

Finally....Doctor listened. I've got Anxiety!

I went back to the doctors and wrote everything down. She read it and said oh yes it's anxiety. I wasn't given pills or anything, she told me to see if I can overcome it myself as I always do. She give me a website called Mood Gym but I give up fast on that rubbish. I am going to Cardiff Mind on Thursday for a chat about anxiety. I do feel sort of better now

Re: Finally....Doctor listened. I've got Anxiety!

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffGirl View Post
    I give up fast on that rubbish.
    "Life is 10% what happens to us, 90% how we handle it" Charles Swindoll

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right" Henry Ford

It's all about attitude. If you think it's rubbish, it will be rubbish. Anxiety is a mind issue. You think you're sick, therefore you are, even though you're not!

The opposite is true as well. You can actually be sick and by maintaining a positive attitude, help you body to get well and heal. I know this is true as I recently had head and neck cancer and went through the most brutal treatment you could ever imagine. By keeping a positive attitude (and you have to work at it!), I was able to get through it and am ahead of the curve in my recovery.

It makes total logical sense that by doing positive things to help yourself like CBT, therapy/counseling, drug therapy if necessary, and things like that website your doctor suggested, you can help yourself and overcome the issues you're facing.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

At least having anxiety confirmed is a first step and you can now look at different avenues for help. Different things suit different people, so it's often a case of finding the one that works for you.

Not sure if they still do, but there was a free group meet up at Whitchurch hospital for anxiety support, may be worth getting in touch with the hospital and see if it is still going.

Mood Gym suits a lot of people but I was not one of them.

I found www.llttf.com much better suited to me.

Good luck

Elen

Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post
    Mood Gym suits a lot of people but I was not one of them.

I found www.llttf.com much better suited to me.

Good luck

Elen
    I felt the same Elen. Mood Gym was just questionnaires and I got bored. I want help but to answer question after question. I will check out the site you have posted here

---------- Post added at 18:42 ---------- Previous post was at 18:41 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mikewales View Post
    At least having anxiety confirmed is a first step and you can now look at different avenues for help. Different things suit different people, so it's often a case of finding the one that works for you.

Not sure if they still do, but there was a free group meet up at Whitchurch hospital for anxiety support, may be worth getting in touch with the hospital and see if it is still going.
    That's brilliant. I will see if that group is still going

I haven't been to it myself, but one of our other members from Cardiff said he had and it was very good

Thread Information