Thread: Venlafaxine side effects

Venlafaxine side effects

Hi there
    I was on venlafaxine 3 years ago for about 18 months, yet this time I seem to be experiencing some rotten side effects, jaw clenching (constant ache in jaw and teeth) nauseous, loss of appetite, heavy chest, but worst by far is the insomnia, I'm shattered, yet as soon as I try and sleep, my eyes flicker and it's impossible to sleep! I had sleep issues before starting venlafaxine but it was controllable! Is this my anxiety or side effects? I need sleep, all my other symptoms are subsiding xx

Re: Venlafaxine side effects

Chill, give people a chance to reply, don't spam the boards with the same post.

If you're very worried ask your pharmacist or doctor.

To be honest you won't know if it's the medication unless you tapered off it. It's best to discus it with your doctor.

I didn't mean to spam! I'm new! It said I could not post new posts onto forums, then I realised it had gone on! :(

Quote Originally Posted by Harlerscupcake View Post
    I didn't mean to spam! I'm new! It said I could not post new posts onto forums, then I realised it had gone on! :(
    Don't worry about it.

In answer to your question, these sound like side effects which generally ease off after the first few weeks. Stick with it and if it doesn't get any better, I'd recommend going back to see your GP.

You'll know from taking venlafaxine before, once it starts to work, it's excellent but it can take a while to take effect.

Pip

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thanks Pip
    I've realised as we'll I'm not on the slow release venlafaxine which I'm sure I was last time! Apparently the side effects can be harsher with the ones I'm on!! I'm meant to be increasing tomorrow to 75mg but I'm tempted to ask dr for slow release one that I can just take in morning xx

I started on 37.5mg, once a day. Then I sent up to 75mg, one 37.5mg in the morning, one in the evening. Then I changed to the modified release capsules which are easier because they're once a day. I don't think there's a huge difference in the side effects, I just think that blood levels are a bit more constant on the MR so the nausea isn't quite as bad.

If they're causing insomnia, make sure you're taking the tablet in the morning, not the evening.

Pip

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Pip
    Went to docs today and I have been switched to the modified release, they checked my records and they are the ones I was on before! From tomorrow I will take 75mg in the morning and see how I go xx

Thread Information