Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My little cat has to stay at the vets tonight :(

My little cat has to stay at the vets tonight :(

My little one year old Siamese bit a lily petal this morning. I moved him straight away but tonight he has started vomiting. Lilies are very toxic to cats. I called the vet and she told me to take him straight there and they have put him on a drip to pump fluids through his kidneys.
    She said she is sure he has just eaten too much tonight (he did gulp his food down and most of my other cats) but better to be save than sorry and he needs to be on the drip as a precaution. They will sedate him and put the drip in and she said she will have to shave some fur of where the drip goes in.
    The worst is that there is no one on the vets during the night and the thought of him being on his own is making me really anxious. I haven't stopped crying since I left him. i can't phone the vets until 9am. I am blaming myself because someone bought me the lilies and I put them in a vase on a little table near my chair. I didn't think he would go near them. I should have known better.

Re: My little cat has to stay at the vets tonight :(

Ahh Annie, sorry to hear this. The vet sounds positive though, which is good. If he's eaten too much then hopefully he'll sleep well and won't notice being alone. Just think how often he must go wandering alone in the day and is fine :-)
    Don't blame yourself, you didn't think he'd go near them. Accidents happen.
    Hopefully tomorrow you'll have him back and you can give him lots of cuddles :-)

Thank you Lizzie, He doesn't go out of the house, only when I am in the garden with him. I can't wait to have him back tomorrow. The house is so quiet without him he is always running about and playing and sitting on my lap. I am so worried that no one is at the vets with him. :(

Surely the vets wouldn't have left him unless they knew he'd be ok? Are you thinking that or more the lack of company for him?

Both :( Honestly the vet must think I'm mad I was stood crying saying "What if he tries to pull the drip out, what if he needs the toilet (they will give him his own litter tray), Can I not just take him home with the drip!"

I'm sure they're used to people being upset and worried, so don't worry about that!

Thank you Lizzie and thank you for replying. I have been doing so well lately and don't want this to knock me back. Hopefully I will have good news in the morning and have him back home for cuddles. xx

annie of course you feel like this hes your baby
    Im sure he will be fine and if hes asleep he wont even realise no ones there
    hope you manage to get some sleep and wait fir the good news in the morning

frosty xxxx

Thank you Frosty, I appreciate your reply..honestly I worry about my cats as much as I do about my kids!

It won't knock you back. You're worried now, but tomorrow he'll be back soon and you'll relax again. Glad to hear you're doing well! X

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information