Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My little cat has to stay at the vets tonight :(

Re: My little cat has to stay at the vets tonight :(

Thanks Lizzie. I think it is worse for me today because someone I knew passed away yesterday morning and I was already upset about that, although I know for him it was for the best, he was elderly and very ill and told me on Thursday that he didn't want to live any more.

I'm sorry about your cat, and also to hear of your loss. Your cat is in the best place. The big risk to cats is from Lily pollen, so your cat stands a very good chance after eating a petal. I hope there will be good news from the vet tomorrow!

Thank you Edie. I had taken the pollen heads out of the lilies so they were not a risk. I thought that was the poisonous part but the whole lily is poisonous. I can phone the vets at 9 so will update then.

Oh poor baby kitty and poor you too. Yes it's an anxious wait but the vet did sound confident. I agree too that the vets are used to owners being upset. they know that our kitties are precious and that is why we gt upset. Anyway, don't blame yourself, Annie, you'd never do anything to hurt your kitties (or anything or anyone) Annie. It can be put down to experience this whole thing. It's a one off and because of that it's not going to set you back, really it won't. It's understandable you'd feel emotional about this, I most certainly would too if it were my cat. You'll be able to check soon... :-)

Thank youTessar. The vet has phoned and my little kittie is fine. Kidney results normal. Liver a little high but she thinks that might be normal for him. She wants to keep him on the drip all morning and I can bring him home at 2. I had best get the insurance claim form as I think this is turning out to be a very expensive bunch of flowers!

Glad your cat is doing well Annie hope he is home with you soon . x

Quote Originally Posted by Annie0904 View Post
    Thank youTessar. The vet has phoned and my little kittie is fine. Kidney results normal. Liver a little high but she thinks that might be normal for him. She wants to keep him on the drip all morning and I can bring him home at 2. I had best get the insurance claim form as I think this is turning out to be a very expensive bunch of flowers!
    I am very glad he is ok. you can relax now.
    Remind me never to send you flowers

He eats rose petals as well but those are not poisonous. I have to say I am surprised he has got to a year old without needing some sort of treatment because he eats anything and everything! My older cat is much more sensible and seems to know what is good for him and what isn't I have to be brave and assertive now and tell my friend that I really appreciate and love the flowers but please don't buy me any more lilies....does that sound cheeky? I am sure he will understand as he keeps encouraging me to be more assertive and he will most likely be pleased that I have been brave enough to tell him.

So sorry to hear about your cat Annie, that must have been a frightening experience. Glad to hear he's ok and fit for home soon.

Thanks Bernie...yes it was very frightening for me and I can't wait to get him home. I have a dreadful headache today with all the crying and lack of sleep :(

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information