I've just got back from yet another dentist appointment. My initial fear went by my third visit and I can honestly say that it really doesn't bother me anymore. That's down to an understanding, lovely dentist and the treatments having been (relatively) pain free. I don't get anxious about going and I don't feel anxious when I'm in there.

Anyway, it was all going good today. I went in, we had a general chit-chat, I sat back in the chair and she went to give me the anaesthetic. Everything is fine - needles don't or have never bothered me. The second she started injecting I suddenly felt my hearing disappear, I felt a bit lightheaded and everything for a split second felt unreal. It took about 30 seconds for my normal senses to return and then I felt fine and had my treatment without any problems. I have never had a reaction like that before and it shook me up a little. I'm feeling a little quesy and light headed this afternoon (as I have been on/off for a few days) but don't feel ill. My next appt is next Wednesday and I'm hoping it doesn't happen again. It was such a weird feeling!