Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Message to All who struggle

Message to All who struggle

Good Morning All,

This is message to all of you who struggle now and can't see light in the and of the tunnel.
    I started fluoxetine last december after terrible nervous breakdown caused mainly by stresses at work. I felt absolutely horrible and thought I'll never be normal again and will end up in mental asylum (lol!!) There is a lot of info about how i felt on thread " how to survive first weeks on fluoxetine".
    If not this place and fantastic people who gave me lots of support and helped a lot.
    This is my 10th month on Fluoxetine and I feel really good. I am back at work full time and doing amazing. I went for few trips and lots new one planned already. 10 months ago I was afraid to go to the bathroom on my own and had constant panic attack.
    If this is your first weeks on medication please don't give up and be strong. It will all pass and you all will feel amazing again :-)
    If you have any ? I am more than happy to answer.

Re: Message to All who struggle

Hiya. So glad flux worked for you. I am on it for postnatal depression and ocd/anxiety. The anxiety/ocd being the thing that bothers me more. I have done 6 weeks so far and noticed and improving last week and had a good few days in a row but this week I feel like I have slipped backwards a bit and my anxiety is getting to me again. Did you have this? Have I gone backwards? Will this pass? I'm just worried I will be stuck in limbo like this now xx

Scaredmother,
    Trust me it will pass, I started Prozac a month after Princess so we went through the process together. Like she said read the thread titled "How to survive first weeks on fluoxetine" you will see my posts, Princess', Janines' there are a lot but it charts our progress of how we got better. I wish you love n luck I had PND 12 years ago it was awful but it will get better. X x

Hi oncewasasupergirl. Thanks for replying! I really hope it will get better. I have noticed that I think I'm due on so I wonder if this had something to do with me feeling bad again. :( xx

Princess thanku for sharing your success..... I'm so pleased you are feeling good.

How long do you think the side effects will take to end? My first 2 weeks were fine, and the last 2 were hell so I'm quitting. Right now I'm feeling better so I might change my mind but every night my joints hurt so much and I get so restless and so many thoughts about morbid things and nightmares and weakness that I want to scream. I can't sleep and keep smoking cigarettes to numb my senses.

Owaiz, weeks 2-5 were bad for me. Sticking with it was the best thing I ever did. Side effects were gone by week 6-7 and never felt again. It made me sane again for over a year until I've had a bit of a relapse this week. Now I'm back on here to moan

I don't know, the past two weeks have gotten progressively worse and last night I decided I can't do this anymore. Though I took my pill today, I'm supposed to taper off from tomorrow. If by a miracle tonight goes well, I'll rethink. But I don't have it in me to go with another week or two of all this.

I can only speak from my own experience, but having been very close to quitting during the first 6 weeks of taking flux, and having pushed through, I can safely say that it really helped me turn a corner. Stick with it if you can. It feels amazing when your head clears again. Hard to imagine I know, but that's exactly what happened to me.

I'll consider this then, but you know it is easy for me to say it here right now then actually doing it. At the time of taking the med I feel fine, but later at night I get ugh! Anyway, it's 1am here so I'll talk to my doctor again tomorrow. Maybe I will continue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information