Thread: panic attack toilet troubles

panic attack toilet troubles

Hi,

This is quite embarrassing but I hope I am not the only one that experiences this! If a panicky feeling starts to arise or that burning feeling starts to make its way through my body automatically I know I will need to go to the toilet.

Its my main symptom of panic attacks and it almost certainly will happen everytime I have one, it makes it hard because I will avoid places without a toilet.. any suggestions or help?

Thank xx

Re: panic attack toilet troubles

Yes, for many people, including me, any signs of anxiety or panic hit my bowels within minutes

I'm not really sure that there's an easy solution to it hun, I suppose the main thing is to try to get your anxiety back down thus taking away that symptom

Re: panic attack toilet troubles

Yeah it's quite common I think - I don't really understand all the 'science' behind it, but it's one way the body reacts to stressful situations. I don't - thankfully! - suffer from panic attacks, but I know when I'm stressed or nervous my bowels play up. I'll be back and forth to the loo multiple times before an interview, for example, and if I try to eat when I'm also stressed it results in quite an unpleasant experience in the toilet at the end of the meal! Like Moosie said, I would guess the key is getting the panic symptoms under control - do you think knowing that panic will set your bowels off is actually increasing the panic, if you know what I mean?

Thread Information