Thread: Am I being pacified due to a Health anxiety

Am I being pacified due to a Health anxiety

I posted yesterday about the mass/lesion they found on my liver during an Ultra sound
    My GP has told me not to worry but when I read the report the radiologist refers to it as suspicious" and says urgent ct scan with contast in 2-3 weeks
    If it is ok then why use this terminology?
    Is this because my GP is trying to stop me going off rails with with health anxiety/depression?
    She wasn't in yesterday and another GP gave me copy of report so keep re reading it
    I'm in a mess right now

---------- Post added at 11:08 ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 ----------

Am I being silly? Or does anybody else feel like this? I have had so much CBT but nothing is working x

Re: Am I being pacified due to a Health anxiety

Im abit curious as to why they gave you a copy of your GP if theyre aware your suffer with HA. Did you pay for this? I work in a GP surgery and im abit surprised as ive never came across that. Try not to worry, get in with your actual GP as soon as you can and talk through your concerns, failing that even a telephone consultation just for peace of mind xx

Quote Originally Posted by Shivmarie View Post
    Im abit curious as to why they gave you a copy of your GP if theyre aware your suffer with HA. Did you pay for this? I work in a GP surgery and im abit surprised as ive never came across that. Try not to worry, get in with your actual GP as soon as you can and talk through your concerns, failing that even a telephone consultation just for peace of mind xx
    I didn't pay for report - it was a different doctor that I saw yesterday as my normal doctor was on training and doesn't work Friday's - I saw her Wednesday And woke up in panic yesterday morning

The doctor saw me making notes on my iPhone and printed off the report for me - I was surprised too and my husband went mad and took it off me as I kept googling stuff x I took a picture of it though that he doesn't know about

Yeah they shouldnt of done that. If any medical reports are printed for any reason, they usually have to be requested for a charge. That is what has fuelled your anxiety, i would mention this to your doctor as that does not sound like normal practice to me, especially with someone with a history of anxiety/health anxiety. My GP is reluctant to let me look at the screen when im in with him, depsite the fact he's just inputting what im telling him is wrong? x

Yeah they shouldnt of done that. If any medical reports are printed for any reason, they usually have to be requested for a charge. That is what has fuelled your anxiety, i would mention this to your doctor as that does not sound like normal practice to me, especially with someone with a history of anxiety/health anxiety. My GP is reluctant to let me look at the screen when im in with him, depsite the fact he's just inputting what im telling him is wrong? x
    The doctor weds showed me the screen and it was when I saw suspicious and urgent referral 2-3 weeks I went on melt down - and then yesterday the doctor gave me report x
    The first doctor said she showed me to help show everything else on the scan was was normal and explained that suspicious is just terminology x
    Me in my mad state then have made this negative :( I hate suffering with this condition and wish I was normal x

Have you tried CBT atall Sam? x

Have you tried CBT atall Sam? x
    Yes about four years ago had a intensive course of it with our local mental health team and Inclusion Matters
    I have had a bad year with one thing or another and am currently having some more which has been step up a couple of weeks ago due to my HA flaring up due to health worries
    I struggle during what I call crisis putting it into practice though I must admit

I can see what you are saying but patients do have a legal right to see all the information about them anyway........so the GP probably thought they were being helpful. Although I bet if she had seen her usual GP he would not have printed it off as he would have realised it would send health anxiety through the roof!

My GP has always been more than happy to print off radiology reports, blood test results and so on....... some of the more modern practises have online medical records access where patients can log on and see pretty much everything - right down to what the GP notes down when you have had a consultation.

Thread Information