View Poll Results: Did pregabalin significantly reduce your anxiety?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 53.33%
  • No

4 6.67%
  • Only a little

12 20.00%
  • Undecided

12 20.00%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How did Pregabalin work for you?

Thumbs up Re: How did Pregabalin work for you?

I've been on 300mgs per day of pregabalin for GAD for nearly 2yrs now and I would give it a 9 out of 10.its also reduced my sciatica dull ache/pain and it maybe a coincidence but I don't suffer with migraines since I've been on it

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

Re: How did Pregabalin work for you?

Ah John, that's because it was originally "designed" for neuralgia pains ( an mild seizures) and it was discovered that when given to these patients they also felt "relaxed" so it was then used off label for anxiety but since 2007 it had been approved by NICE for anxiety treatment...... so two birds with one stone (or three in your case)

Significantly improved my day-to-day anxiety. if you're on a medication review with your GP, I'd mention it.

I'm now on 100mg of pregabalin and 15mg of mirtazapine, and the psychiatrist said, when he discharged me, that I mustn't let anyone ever persuade me to come off them, but to stay on them for life. I'm fairly happy with that, except for the very groggy mornings. I don't think this is the pregabalin, I've been like it every since going on to antidepressants, and mirtazapine has had the least awful effect in relation to this.

I have to take the pregabalin well away from bedtime or it stops me going to sleep, so I take 50mg in the morning and the other 50mg at teatime, about 6.30. Then the mirtazapine an hour before going to bed. So I sleep like a log and feel great during the daytime, once the early morning is over!

I'm bumping this poll up again, for people who haven't seen it or voted.

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

I'd forgotten about this poll!.. some new to the drug could participate

was good for the first 2 months, but now feeling that its wearing off. Was taking 200mg three times a day. From tomorrow I've got to take 300mg twice a day.... As doc said she cant justify the difference in costs!!

Hi all, this site has been a great help over the last few years. I have been on pregabalin 150mg twice a day and mirtazapine 45mg once a day for 2 years now. over the last few months i have reduced my mirt to 30mg but last week my doctor suggested reducing my pregabalin. He has put me on 75mg twice a day, and day 2 i am now awake and cant sleep with my anxiety breaking through. Do you think halving the dose so soon is too much ? Or will this pass?
    sorry should have said for Gad and depression .

Hi Landymanrob,

Withdrawal will affect everyone differently, so you may be okay in a day or so. Otherwise, do a slower taper.

Did the doctor give any reason for cutting back? For example, does the doctor (or do you) feel you have recovered enough to go without medication?

Best of luck, whatever you decide to do.

I have been told by both the clinic and my GP to stay on my medication for life - 15mg of mirtazapine and 100mg of pregabalin per day. I have had to accept that that is probably the right thing to do. I came down from 45mg of mirt fairly slowly and am fine on 15, which makes me sleep like a log. Pregabalin can upset my sleep if I take it too near bedtime! Weird, I know.

I would give it a few more days but if the effect is really bad perhaps you still need the higher dose for longer.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information