Thread: Shall I go on Sertraline?

Shall I go on Sertraline?

Need advice people, I went to see my g.p about my anxiety as venlafaxine does not work for me anymore I've been on it for years and it's no good for me I'm on 37.5 m have been for a while but have been weaning myself of by half dozing for a couple of months now been through the normal withdrawal symptoms not nice but they are easing still getting anxiety but can just about cope however I'm at a crossroads of my life do I stay off meds and suffer the anxiety for a while and the paranoia my Gp has given me the option of a course of Sertraline she says it's my choice to go with it or not but I've read some real horror story's about this stuff and I know although they may work for a while they won't forever and I really can't handle another bout of withdrawal symptoms in the future I know it's only another sticking plaster these new meds but going no meds is bloody hard work a freind of mine who also suffers from GAD has given me some of her Valium type meds to take the edge of it a bit naughty I know but only use one in extreme bouts of anxiety and it helps a bit maybe I should ask my Gp for a supply of valium for a while and don't start the Sertraline course what do you reckon folks?

Re: Shall I go on Sertraline?

We cannot decide for you whether Sertraline is something you should take, none of us are qualified to do that. That's yours and your GP's decision.

As for the horror stories, remember that EVERY medication and treatment comes with its own list of horror stories. Different medication works for different people, thus far none work for me but I've heard of people who say Citalopram works excellently for them, or Prozac for others.

ERB 14/01/2016 Forever missed, forever in our hearts, my baby angel girl

Re: Shall I go on Sertraline?

Hey there, I can agree with you on the Venlafaxine....not doing it for me either on 37.5...was put up to 75mg 3 times a day and was awful so at a bit of a loss just now. My anx stays with me all day now...

Thread Information