Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anyone had sedation for having a tooth removed?

Re: Anyone had sedation for having a tooth removed?

I went to the dentist to have a tooth taken out and it felt like my eye was coming out with it! They suggested sedation when trying again which I was really nervous about. On the day I went in, they gave me the sedative and I remember saying I'm still awake its not working! I was worried I wouldn't be able to move my body but would feel and see everything. They asked me to lift my arm and I couldn't and thats the last thing I remember. Next thing I'm awake and its all done. I don't know what the sedative was but I have never felt so relaxed and happy in all my life! Then I went home and had a massive sleep. It was actually a very pleasant experience!

Re: Anyone had sedation for having a tooth removed?

Quote Originally Posted by trilly85 View Post
    I went to the dentist to have a tooth taken out and it felt like my eye was coming out with it! They suggested sedation when trying again which I was really nervous about. On the day I went in, they gave me the sedative and I remember saying I'm still awake its not working! I was worried I wouldn't be able to move my body but would feel and see everything. They asked me to lift my arm and I couldn't and thats the last thing I remember. Next thing I'm awake and its all done. I don't know what the sedative was but I have never felt so relaxed and happy in all my life! Then I went home and had a massive sleep. It was actually a very pleasant experience!
    Glad you had a pleasant experience. I've stated before that I don't know anyone that takes pleasure in going to the dentist but having had extractions and anesthesia, any anxiety goes quickly out the window and they give you good drugs for the aftermath

I get a kick out of the dentist videos on Youtube. if you want a laugh, go to Youtube and search "wisdom teeth aftermath"

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information