Thread: Starting Out on Zoloft...?

Question Starting Out on Zoloft...?

I started taking Zoloft exactly a month and 2 days ago today. I am currently taking 150 mg (to help with anxiety and depression) and I have noticed a huge improvement already from where I was in August.

However, I still have muscle twitching, weakness in my legs, and I feel an underlying sadness from time to time. Along with the sadness I still have the intrusive, morbid thoughts I was having before starting on Zoloft, however they are in no way as obsessive as they were. I feel I am able to function better and have more control of my life which is obviously a huge relief.

I know I have not been on the medication long and every individual is different, but I was just curious to see how long it takes to feel "good" again? Granted medication will not completely heal everyone, I just want some reassurance, since the stigma of mental health conditions and taking anti-depressants/SSRI's at my age (19) is often frowned upon/misunderstood.
    Last edited by Marie1994; 01-10-13 at 19:29.

Re: Starting Out on Zoloft...?

Hi Marie,
    I am taking 100mgs.2 weeks at 50mg and about 10 weeks now at 100mg.So about 12 weeks all together.At about week 6 things started to get better for me and have kept improving since.So it took about 6 weeks before it really started to work for me.I have to say so far I am very gratefull for the Zoloft.

Thread Information