Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: propranolol as and when- is it safe ??

Re: propranolol as and when- is it safe ??

I agree with Pipkin again

That sounds more like a very hightened anxiety level that you're feeling, as a panic attack wouldn't be able to go on for that long. Of course, you can have a panic attack which goes down and then come's up again, but it wouldn't be one long panic attack hun

I also agree with Pipkin on trying the propranolol before you go away. Get used to how you feel when you've taken one, and whether you find it helpful for you or not. That will also give you time to get something different if you find that you're not keen on it. I've never looked back though, I find it so very helpful with the physical symptoms of a panic attack and that, in itself, gives me more confidence

Thank you both, I will let you know how I get on. I am having a cardiac perfusion test on November 18th and 20th - (two parts stress and rest) so that the cardiologist can convince me with confidence that my heart is ok (his words) so if the results are as good as he is expecting that will make me less anxious too - sometimes when you get these symptoms you worry it could be your heart don't you.

You are both very kind, I really do appreciate you help xx

So sorry I need help again on this, I have just been to Somerset for a few days and started to feel anxious - it always seems to happen when I go away - even if it is only 3 hour drive away! I was too scared to take the propranolol but have thought a lot and decided to do as you said and try them at home before I go to Barcelona on 2nd December as I am really panicking about going now - for this trial of the propranolol do you think I should take them when I have symptoms or just take one tomorrow see how I feel - get it over with? Another worry I have is - as I am getting into such a panic about going away-is it ok to take the propranolol for two/three days before I go then maybe a day there and then I should be ok to stop taking them - is that what you do or will this upset your heart? Please reply when you get a moment, thank you xx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information