Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I found this on Daily Mail, Have a read...Confessions of a Very modern Hypochondriac!

I found this on Daily Mail, Have a read...Confessions of a Very modern Hypochondriac!

Re: I found this on Daily Mail, Have a read...Confessions of a Very modern Hypochondr

I really enjoyed that. Thanks for posting it.

And it also made me cry a little too. This really is no way to live.

Re: I found this on Daily Mail, Have a read...Confessions of a Very modern Hypochondr

Interesting read and nice that it is written by a man too - the stereotype being most hypochondriacs are women of certain age.

It is so sad, but its nice that he has written this. I often find this subject is some form of 'taboo' x

Sadly, the vast majority here could have written that :(
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I thought it was good until he told me his mother died of cancer and his father died of cancer 6 weeks after diagnosis. sent my ha into overdrive

Wow thanks daily mail we hypochondriacs are often laughed at but it really is so debilitating :(

Ironically the Daily Mail is by far the worst paper/website for someone with health anxiety. Full of scaremongering health articles.
    Author, How to Beat Health Anxiety - "Absolutely the best book I have ever read on health anxiety. It was obvious that the author struggled with this in his own life and has overcome it. That's what gives hope to others who are going through this. Read this book if you are suffering! It will help you!" - Amazon Reviewer

I did enjoy reading this article but the part about his parents really scared me, but I suppose he was only trying to explain factors that have contributed to his hypochondria . I do agree about the Daily Mail , it is terrible for printing health scare stories and I will not read it.

I want to throw something at the commenter underneath who suggests that the author is wasting taxpayers' money, has an underlying need for attention and is treating it like "a light matter" (they obviously missed the bit about his parents' deaths being the trigger)

I wish people would understand that health anxiety is a debilitating illness, and that sufferers aren't choosing to spend hours in A & E on a whim or out of selfishness.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information