Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prozac success stories ?

Prozac success stories ?

Hi there , im a newbie and looking for some help , ive suffered with social anxiety and depression for about 8 years . Ive been on various medication , sertraline , citalopram , mertazapine , venlaflaxine , and allthough some have helped my symptoms , the side effects have been too great to cope with in normal life . My doc is now going to try me on prozac , i was just wondering what to expect from the side effects and how long it will be before i get some benefits . Im getting to the point where i think nothing is going to help me , and im going to be in this hell forever . Im going to be cross dosing from venlafaxine to prozac from tomorrow .Wish me luck

Re: Prozac success stories ?

I saw almost instant benefits. I had a bad headache on and off for a few days but it went. I was exhausted for about four days but that has largely lifted. I have noticed I am less fluent when speaking but I am a LOT LOT LOT calmer even though I'm going through a pretty hellish time.

Good luck!!
    Last edited by Speranza; 02-10-13 at 20:09.

For me Prozac (fluoxetine) has always worked well. Inside a couple of weeks I have more energy & feel more positive. Recently I tried a break from it. Well, it made me realise how much it does benefit me & that I'm right to be on it. Needless to say I am back taking the full dose again. WISHING YOU LUCK!!

I was very apprehensive taking Fluoxetine to begin with because of the list of side effects. Anyway got to the point I couldn't continue how I was, just felt so awful. 7 weeks on, I am SO much better and friends/family have been telling me I've got a brightness about me again - my sister commented on me laughing which I hadn't done much of recently!

Had some side effects but nothing too bad. The worst was definitely the overwhelming tiredness I struggled with for about 2 weeks but that's now lifted.

So glad I started taking them and I've arranged counselling which I start in 2 weeks. I'm strangely looking forward to it, feel quite optimistic. Good luck to you, hope they work for you as well.

Took me 8-10 weeks for normalcy, but this drug helped me immensely. Took a while, but a lifesaver.

Quote Originally Posted by WantToFeelHappyAgain View Post
    I was very apprehensive taking Fluoxetine to begin with because of the list of side effects. Anyway got to the point I couldn't continue how I was, just felt so awful. 7 weeks on, I am SO much better and friends/family have been telling me I've got a brightness about me again - my sister commented on me laughing which I hadn't done much of recently!

Had some side effects but nothing too bad. The worst was definitely the overwhelming tiredness I struggled with for about 2 weeks but that's now lifted.

So glad I started taking them and I've arranged counselling which I start in 2 weeks. I'm strangely looking forward to it, feel quite optimistic. Good luck to you, hope they work for you as well.
    Great story!

Hi again , thanks for all your replies , its great knowing that there is people out there who have been through this . Im now on day five of just prozac after tapering from venlaflaxine , im feeling ok but having a lot of cold sweats , and getting a lot of anger problems , like getting upset at petty things . Is this normal ?

I was on prozac for years and I loved it until it started giving my really severe heart burn. Was a bit odd because I gave up drinking and the heartburn started. It can be horribly twitchy and anxious at first and I found it only worked for depression at the 40mg dose. I miss it and wish I could still take it. It can take a couple of months for the twitchyness to fade and the good effects to start working. good luck!

Had over 30 sh*tty years of Anx/Dep - (with ALL its attendant crises), 18 months ago Prozac entered my existence...my life began.
    I'm sticking with it.

Good to here some positive stories on Prozac

I've just started Prozac after coming off Sertraline nearly a year ago. I have tried to continue without meds and did actually make some small progress while med free but after months of bad anxiety episodes and not really getting anywhere and still with anxiety ruling my life I have decided to try Prozac. Fingers crossed it helps.

Bramwell when after starting Prozac did you notice a difference and start feel better? And what dose are you on if you don't mind me asking.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information