Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Prozac success stories ?

Re: Prozac success stories ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gotagetthroughthis View Post
    Good to here some positive stories on Prozac
    Bramwell when after starting Prozac did you notice a difference and start feel better? And what dose are you on if you don't mind me asking.
    I uploaded a Blog a year ago which, in now seems, I foolishly deleted. I detailed most of my life from birth into my late teens when the sh*t hit me - this was in the 1970s.
    From that date until 2012 I lived every sh*tty example of Anx/Dpression you wish to name.
    Within a fortnight of starting Prozac (allied with Diazepam to alleviate insomnia), I was booking an appointment with the dentist, that's how good Prozac was for me.
    18 months later, I'm not only the same, but actually enjoy being alive. I'm on 20mg per day, btw.
    I may even upload my Blog to show what difference the RIGHT drug can make to an individual.

Wow sounds like such a great success story, glad you managed to find a med that works so well for you. At 20mg so your not on an especially high dose either so that's even better.

Yea would be great to read your blog sometime if you fancy uploading it

Bra well, that sounds really good, I am so pleased for you. Prozac works for me too :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Tessar View Post
    ...that sounds really good,... Prozac works for me too :-)
    I'm glad, Tessar. It has given me a joy-to-live. It should have been invented 30 years earlier.

How long would you give it? I'm in my 9th week and my anxiety has come back tenfold! My therapist mentioned changing to sertraline but it's been so hard getting through the initial side effects I don't want to start all over again if there is a chance flux will still work for me. Xx

ScaredMother - of course we are ALL different, but I would have thought that the drug would be working by now. Over the years I was on several A/Ds, and none gave me the feeling that Prozac has. Good luck.

I had been feeling ok, for the first week on Prozac considering the start up effects I usually get with SSRIs. Untill last night, it hit me out of nowhere, I wave of panic and doom came over me and I felt so dizzy and had the worse derealisation. I forgot how bad derealisation is.

I really hope this is just part of the "worse" before "better" with these meds. As I really don't think I can handle the meds sending back into that dark constant derealisation state. Just don't know why its suddenly made me feel this bad after being on them for over a week already, I know its still early days though.

Im on my tenth day of prozac today and im starting to feel ok , im still getting the odd panic and feeling misplaced in the world , but my anger has subsided and i feel really good in short spells .Hopefully the longer i stick with it the better i will get . Only been just over a week so im optimistic .

Im on my 15th day ish and yesterday and today ive actually felt like a normal person no worrying, no overthinking, no anxiety , no paranoia !!! im so hoping that prozac is the one to make me feel better after 8 years and countless a/d and side effects . Please god please .

That's great to hear Dave . I'm just slightly ahead of you, today is my 24th day taking 20mg, and I've been finding my thoughts about myself are becoming much more positive, and my mood in general just feels better. As for the anxiety, I'm finding that I'm not overthinking so much either, or worrying about unnecessary things. I do still feel really tired, though that could be a result of not sleeping well over the past 6 months. But the difference is, I now have faith that my health can keep improving, rather than deteriorating. So I'm in a far better place than I was 3 weeks ago .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information