Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pale stools now...

Re: Pale stools now...

Mine are what I'd call beigey quite often! I don't think stools that colour are a sign of anything bad - they have to be really pale before it's a concern. When I said I thought my stools were a bit pale after a stomach bug the doctor just said 'OK, but we're not talking about pale like this, are we?' and gestured at the wall of her surgery, which is painted magnolia! So really I think they have to be pretty pale before it's a concern. You've had the blood tests and everything's fine - the bloods would have picked up a dodgy liver or pancreas. If your anxiety is playing up, then your IBS will be as well - and just because it hasn't done *that* particular thing before, doesn't mean it's a concern now. Your stools will be affected by a combination of things - you said yourself you were eating slightly differently, combined with what sounds like a highly stressful situation, so it's not surprising that your digestive system is protesting a bit, especially if you're prone to that anyway. Anxiety does all sorts of funny things to your bowels...!

Beige would surely be classed as a shade of magnolia though?

Quote Originally Posted by JustJules View Post
    I have no gall bladder..

Is this normal or should I be rushing off to the Drs? HELP!!!
    From what I've heard, and read just now, pale stools are common after gall bladder removal.. something to do with the body having to cope with the bile that your gall bladder would normally process, and it shows up in your stools in this way.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry. But I would say go have a chat with your doctor, not because I think it's something serious, but because you're getting so anxious about it, and would benefit from reassurance & explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJules View Post
    Beige would surely be classed as a shade of magnolia though?
    er... No? I don't know, suppose everyone perceives colour differently, but my walls are magnolia and my carpet is beige, and they're definitely different!! But, as Daisy Sue said, why not go to the doc? You've been asking on here about pale stools and everyone has said they don't sound worrying, but you're still worried so you obviously don't believe us - maybe you would believe a doctor?

Stool colour comes from bile pigment in your stools. Bile digests fats. Lack of bile pigment could be caused by bile duct obstruction, or simply because you have been avoiding fatty food. If that is the case, you could eat something fatty like a steak with a fatty border to see if it has any effect.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information