Thread: Anyone who wears glasses/contacts???

Anyone who wears glasses/contacts???

Hi everyone.....this one probably going to sound really silly but I am really getting myself into a state over it, so anyway......
    I had to go and get new glasses the other day, they are the same pescription as before as apparently my sight had not changed that much since my last test 18 months or so ago....(I had my eyes tested in about april this year, just could not afford to but the new frames until now) So I collected my new glasses last week and have been wearing them since but my eyes just feel like they are struggling and I cannot see as well as before! Is this just normal with new glasses or not?? Now my question to all other spectacles wearers is when you get new frames does it feel the same for you or should I go back as something could be wrong?? The frame is slightly smaller than my last one, could that be it......I feel so silly but honestly this is really getting to me! I am so short sighted anyway so I am always worrying about going blind.

Angie

Hi Angie,

I can so totally relate to what you are saying. I had been getting really bad headaches and my doctor told me to have my eyes checked. Any way to cut a long story short, my prescription had changed, only slightly and I got new glasses.

When I collected them and put them on they felt really strange. I could still see everything as clear, but I felt something wasnt quite right. I went back to the optician who said it was because it was a smaller frame and that my eyes would automatically adjust. The only problem was, I started to feel anxious about putting them on ( I normally wear contacts - and my vision seems fine with these). The glasses are okay now though.

Hope this helps.
    Ann x

Thanks Ann, yes it helps to know that. Just guess I will I have to persevere(spelling?) I definately now that it is very odd going from contacts to glasses, done that once and just could not adjust at all! Just did'nt know that it would be this odd going from one pair of glasses to another! I am glad you have settled with them, take care

Angie

Angie

I wear glasses but only for driving and earlier this year I decided to get new glasses with the new prescription which was very close to the old one I had but one eye was slightly worse.

It took me several days before I got used to them as they seemed to magnify things more than the previous ones.

They are fine now so I think it is just a case of your eyes adjusting to them and then it will soon be fine again.

People will forget what you said
    People will forget what you did
    But people will never forget how you made them feel

Nicola

Ito wear glasses i hate them but do not want contacts, i find that having new ones do,es take abit of getting used ,but so wish i di,nt have to have them. lorraine

I wear glasses for driving etc and when you get new frames it does take a while to get used to them. Don't worry. If they are no better in a few days go back and get them checked. The last pair of glasses I got were sunglasses with prescription lenses and when I got them I couldn't see a thing. Turns out they had used someone else's prescription! So that's the worst thing it could be.

Take care.

i changed frames and it took me ages to get used to the new ones.
    my contact lens prescription changed recently and its taken me ages to get used to the vision i thought they had got it wrong but my eyes have adjusted now

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past

It can take a while to get used to a new prescription. I only ever start wearing new glasses from wearing them first thing in the morning. If the frames are smaller you can 'see' the frames for a while as well.
    anx x

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects

Thread Information