Thread: ok, I am done with mirt

ok, I am done with mirt

I can't keep going with these pills. I get attacks sitting in my bed watching a movie with the wife. I never used to get that!

Plus the weight gain, tiredness all the time, and just being the emotionless zombie...I am done. The only emotion I ever feel is anger now. Never happy.

I take it for panic, but after a week on the pills it went down hill. I see the doc monday, but really, I don't want to take another pill.

So my question is - I have been on 30mg for 4 weeks, and was on 15mg for a week or 2 before that.

Will I still go thru withdrawal if I stop now? Or is it too early in taking them to really get much withdrawal symptoms?

I dunno, just feeling desperate and done with these pills!

Re: ok, I am done with mirt

You may still get withdrawals I would suggest speaking to your doctor before making any changes.
    Hope you find something that works for you.

I know I should. But its just so hard when I feel this way to try to swallow 2 more pills until my appt.

I took 3/4 of a pill last night. I am just at the end of my rope here with these pills. I was hoping I would feel a bit better, maybe slightly, I smiled today at some point!

The first few weeks are often when people feel the side effects the most but not the benefits. It's best not to discontinue before seeing your doctor. Your doctor may want to combine mirtazapine with another drug or suggest a cross-taper.

I split the pills in half (to 15mg) and it was a complete turn around from how I was feeling over night. I feel happier, and not even near as dead tired thru the day.

Just sucks I got a cold at the same time! Lol. But today I go to the doc, and I will talk to him about staying at 15. My whole outlook on life is a lot more positive than a few days ago. I literally felt like I was going insane while I was taking 30mg.

Thread Information