Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: really freaked out, please help

really freaked out, please help

Hi. I posted the other day about having an ulcer on my tongue at the side. I'm totally freaked out that it's something major. I posted the other day about my many trips to the doctor about my tongue not being symmetrical on both sides. They said everything looks normal. But now I have an ulcer on that exact side that I was freaked out about originally I'm in a total state. Has anyone had anything similar? Or have a non symmetrical tongue? Sorry for posting again. Very worried and trying not to Google :( x

Re: really freaked out, please help

The ulcer won't harm you, I sometimes get them and use corlan pellets from the chemist. They clear it really quickly.

I get ulcers all over my tongue and they have always cleared up by themselves and been nothing more sinister than an ordinary mouth ulcer.

Stress can cause ulcers and so can minor damage to the tongue/lip such as accidentally biting it.

An ulcer is really nothing to worry about xx

If you can't handle me at my worst then you don't deserve me at my best.

Nothing in our bodies are truly symmetrical. Breasts, testicles, arms, legs etc. If you take measurements you'll find differences.

An ulcer is just that... an ulcer. Everyone gets them from time to time. Several trips to the doctor and all is normal. Need I say more?

Good Luck!
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thanks for the replies. I think it's the location of the ulcer that's worrying me the most! In my rational head I can think, well the doctor / dentist didn't think that area of tongue was abnormal, therefore an ulcer there is the same as anywhere else in my mouth. Irrational health anxiety head says, you were right! You knew there was something dodgy going on and now there's an ulcer there.. And so on. Just wish so much I could stop. I've spent the last hour examining it, poking it. So tiring :(

It will get bigger if you keep poking it and then that will make you feel more anxious.

Keep reminding yourself that the rational voice is correct and the irrational one is just your anxiety.

If you can't handle me at my worst then you don't deserve me at my best.

Quote Originally Posted by LF87 View Post
    Just wish so much I could stop. I've spent the last hour examining it, poking it. So tiring :(
    That's only going to make it worse you know!
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Had an ulcer a couple of times when I was a kid.Mom used to give me something called TCP to gargle with.A couple days and it was gone.Feels nice to play around with it.

Thanks for your replies, made me feel better. I will stop poking it! Hopefully it'll be gone soon. Sleeping badly so that probably doesn't help. Thanks again xx

Would it be really bad to book a doctor's appointment about this? Otherwise I don't think I'll be able to rest. Especially knowing I'm supposed to be going on holiday on Fri. Don't even want to go anymore. If it got worse or anything I'd be stuck in Turkey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information