Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you meet girls in clubs and bars?

Re: How do you meet girls in clubs and bars?

The majority of people don't meet long term partners while drunk in pubs and clubs. Most people there are just looking for a one night stand, as you can see if you are there 10 minutes before closing time and everyone makes a mad dash for anyone of the opposite sex ( normally someone they wouldn't go near without a mix of desperation and beer goggles ! ).

I also find that girls don't really need to sit there waiting to be chatted up, if they are genuinely intersted in you they will often make the first move and come over and say hello.

Every girl I have gone out with has been through meeting them via mutual friends etc.. and getting to know them a bit first. Staggering up to a woman in a loud club and drunkenly shouting in her ear isn't the best way !

Quote Originally Posted by debs71 View Post
    I just don't think that clubs are the right place to meet someone...the booze element gets in the way too much too.
    Pub, Club or Bar.... I agree! Not the best place to meet people! If I were to make a serious recommendation, it would be to address the social anxiety issue before anything else. Stop the drinking, seek a therapist and work on your self esteem. I've always believed that "when you least expect it" is when it will happen when it comes to love. Ohhhh one more thing... Don't compliment a Brit girl ~lol~ (I'd take my chances though).
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Agree with Fishman. Work on your confidence. One of my sons asked a girl out thus: let's go feed the ducks

Don't put lots of pressure on yourself. Think outside the box when it comes to us women. Sometimes lighthearted and surprisingly simple things work so much better.

And why not compliment a Brit Fishman? My Portuguese other half did exactly that - several years later he's got a head of grey hair and a whole lotta good stuff going on

Quote Originally Posted by Andria24 View Post
    And why not compliment a Brit Fishman? My Portuguese other half did exactly that - several years later he's got a head of grey hair and a whole lotta good stuff going on
    From a previous post... "this is the UK we're in, no one likes a compliment.". I was just being a bit cheeky is all. I've always had a thing for foreign gals. Just my personal preference is all. My partner in life is from Ecuador and she's the best thing that has ever happened to me. She was with me and then some through the cancer ordeal and didn't bat an eyelash.

It's been my experience in life that a heartfelt honest compliment is never a bad thing... even if you are a Brit
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Lol ok well whoever said that can speak for themselves. I love a compliment (sincere ones) and don't mind handing them out.

You for example - what a wonderful breath of fresh air your (genuine) attitude to life is. I'm pleased to make your acquaintance

'No-one likes a compliment' in Britain?

Maybe I'm the exception to the rule then. I LOVE a compliment!

(Chance would be a fine thing these days, lol)

Is he coming back?Or has he met a girl?

Is that a Portuguese flag in your profile barnabas?

Yes.Nice to meet you Andria.
    Last edited by Barnabas75; 08-10-13 at 21:55.

And you too Barnabas

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information