Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you meet girls in clubs and bars?

Re: How do you meet girls in clubs and bars?

I met my feller online. We chatted for ages and both were honest about mental health problems ( bpd for me Gad for him). When we were both feeling half stable we met up. We have been together 9 years now though we don't live together. Not living together is a good thing as we both have very severe episodes sometimes and need our own space. We had both been single for years and were nervy about getting into a relationship. I loved being single and def wasn't looking for a partner!
    Just be you. Look for friends not lovers and see what happens. Don't put pressure on yourself or her. Things happen when you least expect it! Good luck!

As a male I am pretty much useless in finding love so cannot give you any tips. The only time I have come close and don't mind sharing the story.

I was on holiday with my parents a few years ago in Egypt. one of the female entertainment going doing her hellos for the day. sat and took to us asked me whether I wanted a girlfriend, had one back at home. A few nights later she asked my parents could she marry me. Sadly never saw her again, would have been an interesting which direction it would have taken me to.

Token wall flower thats really made me laugh...I dont think barscand clubs are the rightbplace to meet people if ur shy. I met all my boyfriends in nightclubs most long term ones and my husband too ...i thinkbyou are just as likely to meet someone online or even at a bus stop.

Quote Originally Posted by unsure_about_this View Post
    As a male I am pretty much useless in finding love so cannot give you any tips. The only time I have come close and don't mind sharing the story.

I was on holiday with my parents a few years ago in Egypt. one of the female entertainment going doing her hellos for the day. sat and took to us asked me whether I wanted a girlfriend, had one back at home. A few nights later she asked my parents could she marry me. Sadly never saw her again, would have been an interesting which direction it would have taken me to.
    Sounds a strange situation, how much time did you spend with her?

I'll be honest, finding love would be a lot easier if we were all monkeys. Then if you see someone you like, you can just fling your poo at her. Sorted!

Since we're human, I used Plenty of Fish and have finally met someone who seems to be the right person

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

When I used to go clubbing, when I was single, I preferred the guys who did not gawp at my lady bits (not that I have much anyway) and spoke to me like a human being. Any guy who called me 'babe, hun, sweetheart, darling...' at the first instance got to see my back, as well as assuming I was only after a one night stand. I preferred guys who asked what my name was, age, what I do for a living, who I was out with, just generic questions.

I don't think clubbing is the same as when my parents met in the 80's. Back then there was more respect, whereas today I see very little of that. I met my husband on an online dating site and previous boyfriends I often met through a friend (apart from one, who I met in a pub and said he looked like Prince of Persia, somehow it worked!)

ERB 14/01/2016 Forever missed, forever in our hearts, my baby angel girl

Meeting people is not easy when you have SOcial Anxiety, I used to meet girls in nightclubs but they always approached me and that made it easier. I have tried online dating but I got fed up of going on dates, It doesn't suit me, I much prefer to meet someone and get to know them over time. But at the moment I barely meet anyone, even at my yoga class I struggle to make conversation. I get so frustrated, I really need to address my fear of rejection.

I would say don't go into it expecting 100% result all the time. That's where you may get the nerves. You would begin to focus on yourself more and pick fault. We are all in the same situation. I find it much easier talking to women who are not in a club or bar. I approach them on a level as if just being friendly as it breaks the ice. Get into a convo and gently hint your interest. You can build an ability of knowing what to say/ask by starting to chat to people online on dating sites..The only difference is your typing. You start to get a feel for your own approach and the things to keep a conversation form ending too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by theharvestmouse View Post
    Sounds a strange situation, how much time did you spend with her?
    Zero on my own, this hotel we stayed in, most of the entertainment team were friendly to the guests. I don't think she got sacked for asking to marry one of the guests.

Quote Originally Posted by 2D View Post
    I can go out to bars and stuff because I drink heavily beforehand. I usually go with my friends. A lot of the times, women will make eye contact with me, smile or try to get my attention, but I don't know what to do because even when I'm wasted I feel nervous about talking.

I am absolutely terrible at speaking to anybody new, I legitimately make an idiot of myself. I feel super super super self-conscious about boring people. For that reason I can't tell stories or even jokes and everything comes out wrong because I lose confidence in what I'm saying after only a few words and think everybody thinks I'm boring and that I'm embarassing myself. And I also feel self-conscious as hell about dancing with them. I don't think I look bad or anything, but I feel like people look at me and think I'm weird.

Like, to dance with a girl I feel like she's judging me badly and I'm making a fool out of myself in front of everybody. Or sometimes when girls smile at me I can only manage to give them a quick glance and perhaps a smile. Sometimes I am able to speak with them for a short while, I have standard small-talk lines but I don't know how to do anything with it. Then I always end up going home alone, spending all of my money and waking up feeling really sick and hungover.

I think men are really lucky in the sense that they can pick an attractive girl, go home with them and most likely not have to worry about getting raped/attacked/abducted/murdered by them lol. It's harder for girls because even if we see a really hot guy we have no idea if he's safe to be around or if events could take a horrible turn later. You have no idea how lucky you are! this is why girls would prefer you to approach then. if a girl is looking at you a lot and seems happy or giggly around you it means she probably likes you and you're halfway there

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information