Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone had treatment for an abnormal smear ( tmi)

Anyone had treatment for an abnormal smear ( tmi)

I had some abnormal cells burnt away a week ago, I had some bleeding but for the last few days I've had lots of clear discharge and it smells quite strong.

Is this normal

Re: Anyone had treatment for an abnormal smear ( tmi)

Hi Sparkle

I had this done, but it was along time ago. I do remember having some discharge, but hunny, if you are really worried PLEASE talk to your gp.

Peace of mind goes along way

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXX

------------------------------------------

"Every thought you think changes your
    biochemistry.
    Your hormones are effected by your
    thoughts.
    Pay attention to stuff that bring you
    joy.
    Look for things that bring you a
    SMILE"

---------------------------------

As I understand it, I believe that any discharge that smells ought to be checked out. Please don't be frightened though hun, it may be normal, or if not, it may be a little infection, but it can be put right very simply, so I'd go and just have it checked, if only to put your mind at rest hun

Thanks I need to get checked I really can't though...

Why hun?

Is it because you're frightened ? If so, what is it that you're frightened of ?

YES!! I can help!

My daughter had this done earlier this year. She smelt FOUL and nobody had warned her about it. In the end we called in at our lovely Sexual Health Clinic where she had been treated and the doctor explained that it is well within the norm. Basically the smell is - dead flesh (in minute quantities of course, but still...) sloughing off the surface of the cervix. The doctor advised my daughter to wait until after her period, which should 'flush it all through'. And it did. The smell stopped like magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Speranza View Post
    YES!! I can help!

My daughter had this done earlier this year. She smelt FOUL and nobody had warned her about it. In the end we called in at our lovely Sexual Health Clinic where she had been treated and the doctor explained that it is well within the norm. Basically the smell is - dead flesh (in minute quantities of course, but still...) sloughing off the surface of the cervix. The doctor advised my daughter to wai until after her period, which should 'flush it all through'. And it did. The smell stopped like magic.
    Can I ask a little question here please?

When I had my treatment, they did tell me that I may bleed a little, which I never did, but what did happen was about 3 days after the treatment, I went to the loo and discovered, to my horror, that it looked like I'd sat in an ashtray!!.........ash!!

I was straight on the phone to my doctor, who told me it was normal, it was the burned cells coming out.........has anyone else had that??

Why don't they make sure that they tell women everything that may happen?? It would prevent a lot of unnecessary worry and alarm??

Thanks so much I appreciate all your replies. Regarding the ash I had this, I had it straightaway though, like a few hrs after and it worried me too... Ash is exactly how I'd describe it too

I can't go as I'm moving house Thursday, my husbands on an oil rig and I'm at home packing with two toddlers who both have an awful vomiting bug... But don't get me started on this lol.... And If I get it we are screwed :(

Great to know the smelling like dead flesh is normal lol ...

Quote Originally Posted by AuntieMoosie View Post
    Can I ask a little question here please?

When I had my treatment, they did tell me that I may bleed a little, which I never did, but what did happen was about 3 days after the treatment, I went to the loo and discovered, to my horror, that it looked like I'd sat in an ashtray!!.........ash!!

I was straight on the phone to my doctor, who told me it was normal, it was the burned cells coming out.........has anyone else had that??

Why don't they make sure that they tell women everything that may happen?? It would prevent a lot of unnecessary worry and alarm??
    Completely agree with this. My friend had to have this done, and like you, they basically said 'oh you might just get a bit of bleeding'. She had the 'ash' thing you described, called the doc immediately, and he said it was perfectly normal. Then she had bleeding for nearly a fortnight, rang again, and was again told 'perfectly normal'. Followed by a couple of weeks of 'odd' discharge, and guess what? 'Perfectly normal'. Now, perhaps most women only get the light bleeding, but once she'd rung up once with a concern, you'd think the doc might have said 'and don't worry if you also get X, Y, and Z'. Blimey. All I can think is that they don't want to make women think that anything and everything is normal afterwards - better safe (even if worried!) than sorry, maybe?

It IS ash... The person my daughter spoke to said, "If only they TOLD you about this..."

Anyway she was right about it stopping completely after her period, so hopefully you won't have long to wait. x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information