Thread: Mitrazapeine side effects 5 days in....

Mitrazapeine side effects 5 days in....

Hi,

I am finding this site really useful & also scary! I was on 20mg citalopram for 2yrs & changed to Mitrazapine 5 days ago. I am on 15mg for a week then due to increase to 30mg. So far I have experienced disorientation, shaking, increased appetite & diarrhoea. I am also very short tempered which can change to wanting to cry within seconds of each other & this fluctuates!
    Is this normal???

I am really worried about weight gain too....any help & advice is welcomed!

Smile Re: Mitrazapeine side effects 5 days in....

Quote Originally Posted by wiggle31 View Post
    Hi,

I am finding this site really useful & also scary! I was on 20mg citalopram for 2yrs & changed to Mitrazapine 5 days ago. I am on 15mg for a week then due to increase to 30mg. So far I have experienced disorientation, shaking, increased appetite & diarrhoea. I am also very short tempered which can change to wanting to cry within seconds of each other & this fluctuates!
    Is this normal???

I am really worried about weight gain too....any help & advice is welcomed!
    Hi wiggle, I have been on Mirtazapine since January, started on 15mgs and went up to 45mgs which I take now at night. The only side effect I had was tiredness they zonked me out for the first week but that wore off, I have not put any weight on at all while taking these. Maybe the problems you are having are linked to coming off the citalopram rather than the mirt. Hope things improve for you soon and that you benefit from the mirt.
    Kim

Re: Mitrazapeine side effects 5 days in....

Thanks Kim, that helps! You could be right about coming off the citalopram...my body doesn't know if its coming or going! X

Hi

Why is this site scary, do we all come across as though we worship Hitler or something?

I'm just tapering off mirt because I suffered hunger pangs that I couldn't control. I now look like I've swallowed a dwarf. You know on Super Marioworld on the SNES, when you get a "P" balloon and Mario inflates? That's like a fast-motion image of what happened to me. It did make food taste so good... mmm. I wonder if there's any cheesecake? No! Resist!

The side effects you state are normal because the medication is affecting your brain chemistry. They'll wear off, but stay away from the cake section at Gregg's. And don't take your tablets in the day, mirt is legendarily soporific, so take them before bed and enjoy the best sleep you'll ever have!

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

How did you make the switch from cit to mirt? If it was a straight switch, then I would say that what you're experiencing are largely discontinuation effects from the cit, with some startup effects from the mirt thrown in. Things will settle in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for the info guys.

PsychoPoet: its scary that so many people have had weight issues this is what worries me the most....will have to see how I go! Made sure there are only healthy snacks in the house just in case!

---------- Post added at 21:31 ---------- Previous post was at 21:29 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Emphyrio View Post
    How did you make the switch from cit to mirt? If it was a straight switch, then I would say that what you're experiencing are largely discontinuation effects from the cit, with some startup effects from the mirt thrown in. Things will settle in the next couple of weeks.
    Yeah, it was a straight switch so like you say, prob effects from coming off cit! Will persevere for now, at least I'm getting sleep!!

Thread Information