Thread: any advice?????

any advice?????

hi i was wondering wether any of you know how long it takes for meds to get out of your system?
    i was taking cipralex for 9 days and didn,t feel right on them so i went doctors on thursday and he said to just stop them!!!so i did but since then have been having dizzy spells feeling faintetc.but also had the flu too and (sorry guys!!!)it,s that time of the month so i don,t know wether its a combination of everything??????
    would love to hear back from anyone as feeling quite down at the mo!!!
    especially as the children go back to school tomorrow and i,m back to work even though i,m feeling like c**P!!
    sorry to moan
    take care
    rachel x x x

well it is going to take at least 48 hours to start going and then another 48 hours going and 48 hours after that!!!.
    Drink plenty of water and have a warm - hot bath in which you can soak, put in about a serving spoon of bicarb. and try to stay in for about 20 mins, keep door shut so you sweat, while in there drink plenty of water. This will hel you to get rid of it, and neutralise your body. When you get out try to create a friction with the towel to increase the circulation.
    Have fun darling

there's a place that I dream of when I sleep, so peaceful, so quite, I call it mother earth.

You have only been on them 9 days so I wouldnt have thought you would have any problems, was you on 10 mg? SSRi's are not like normal meds like pain killers etc that go in and out of your system in a short time, Nine day wouldnt have even give them chance to work most people have to be on SSRIs for 4 to 8 weeks before you even start to feel any better. I am on Cipralex and been on them about 12 months now, but they didnt start to make any difference until i was on them about 8 weeks. I was on 20mg a day which is max for Cipralex but over tha past month I have reduced to 15mg tou only have to come off them slowly if you have been on them for a decent lengh of time. I dont realy know why the Doctor realy told you to stop taking them becouse he must know they can take a couple of months to start to work. take care hope you do OK without meds. Vernon

I've started on different med's on different occasions and stopped taking them after a couple of weeks as I couldn't deal with the side effects.

I had no withdrawal symptoms at all, to be honest.

Kate x

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

thankyou for your replies.going trough a bit of a tough time with family etc at the mo,so maybe its more to do with the anxiety itself rather than the side effects of the meds?????
    a couple of years ago i went on ciprimil and they made me feel worse too!maybe meds just arn,t for me!!!
    thanks again
    take care
    rachel x

Its like Kate said I think you have to be on them months to years to get withdrawral comming off them. The side effects can be realy bad when you first try meds but these usualy go and you have to be on them about 8 weeks or longer to notice any change.But there again everyone is different and meds are not for everyone. As I said I have been on cipralex for about 12 months but trying to get off them, maybe it isnt the meds that make people feel better maybe its just they are going through a better patch at the time? I had eye surgery not long after starting cipralex and was able to see for the first time in over 10 years, so maybe it was that that made me feel better not the meds. Becouse now I feel just as bad as ever and I am on meds. Its the upps and downs we get weather on meds or not, so who realy knows if they realy work or not? Or as a lot say how bad we feel when we first go on meds, then when the side effects go we think we are better but realy we are just back to where we where before taking them.

Kate is that you my Brummie frind?

take care all Vernon

Thread Information