Thread: Pull me up with a hug please

Pull me up with a hug please

I could really use some hugs right now.

I'm in a low, anxious mood because of other people's critical and pessimistic attitudes towards me and my ambitions. Just when I think I'm doing great, the people around me will make snide comments about my being overzealous or trying too hard. I'm just trying to be me and do what I makes me happy.

Why do people have to be so judgmental?

Re: Pull me up with a hug please

Hi Puddingduck,

I'm sorry you are feeling so down, and am sending you a big, virtual hug
    It is very hard to understand people like that (I've encountered many like that over the years) It just seems in life that there are some people who just love to knock others or rain on their parade, or else just get some kind of boost out of demoralising others, and the problem is that they always choose the people who REALLY don't need that..the easier targets like us, who struggle ourselves as it is - self-esteem, anxieties, etc.

Try if you can not to let the mean idiots get to you. You can't win with them. If you were unenthusiastic and unambitious, you would get criticized for that, and if you are the opposite, you still get criticized, so don't waste a moments thought on them.

It is your life and nobody else's. You are not obliged to live up to anyone else's expectations, and if they don't like your direction and going for what makes you happy, and can't encourage that, well sod them frankly!

More big hugs to you hun.xxx
    Last edited by debs71; 11-10-13 at 00:20.

THIS IS WHAT YOU GOTTA DO. I am yet to do this and I'll explain why in a sec.

You have to remove yourself from negative people. Surround yourself with people who have a positive outlook on life. It's said that people influence us and this is totally true! My dad is the most NEGATIVE, obnoxious guy you will ever meet. It's awful for me to say but I'm serious. My mum is the complete opposite to him which is why she had to leave him! I've just recently come to terms with the break up (it happened a few years ago when I was 15/16) and I totally understand now.

All my anxiety and fears seem to intensify when I'm at home with my dad. It's only when I go to my mums that everything is put into perspective and I can finally BREATHE. I'm moving out at the end of the year to go to Uni and I'm so grateful there will be positive people to look forward to being around and to love life with.

So try to meet people who don't complain all the time and aren't so damn stressed and stuck up like those people you spoke of and my own father! It will not make you happy. When we both find others who just wanna lay back and take life as it comes then we will be calm and feel wonderful

"Pick the day. Enjoy it - to the hilt. The day as it comes. People as they come... The past, I think, has helped me appreciate the present - and I don't want to spoil any of it by fretting about the future."

Audrey Hepburn

Sending you a big hug Puddingduck!

I know how you feel, my mum is just like that! I usually think, well hey, i don't have much respect for her, so her opinion means nothing to me, then I ignore her. Saves me getting wound up a lot of the time.

You are doing the right thing, aim for what makes you happy and don't let anyone drag you down!

HUUUUUUUUUUGE HUUUUUUUG.

Get rid of the Toxic Drains. They will find other people to criticise, just cut 'em loose. xx

Thread Information