Thread: Liquid Feeling in Throat when Bending Forward

Liquid Feeling in Throat when Bending Forward

Sometimes when I bend forward I get a feeling of liquid moving around in the bottom of my throat, just above the collarbone. It makes me feel like I'm going to choke on it, so I have to spit it out. Sometimes it has blood in it, sometimes it's clear. It also happens when I lay down to go to sleep, if I lay on my right side. Doesn't happen on left side, or on my back.

Also, when I do a forceful exhale, I can hear liquid crackling in my throat.

Does anyone else get this? I'm wondering if I have silent reflux, and my throat or something else could be damaged from it. I've had some sinus issues (post nasal drip) but this seems to be worse.

Going to my doctor next week, but want to make a written record and track the symptoms for 7 days, so I've got something solid to give her. She knows I have terrible health anxiety, so I don't want her to think I'm just crying wolf again or something.

Even though I want to believe this isn't something bad, it's the blood that's making me panic. I really worry about having some kind of cancer.

Re: Liquid Feeling in Throat when Bending Forward

Sounds like it could be acid, in which case it might well just be damaging your throat a liitle and making it bleed. Nothing serious in terms of the blood, but certainly I think your GP will take it seriously. It's a good idea to track it for a few days. Please let us know how you get on. x
    Last edited by Speranza; 12-10-13 at 10:34.

Thanks Speranza. It's definitely worse in the morning and at bed time.

My doctor has already prescribed me nose sprays for the post nasal drip. First it was a steroid spray, which I had to stop using as it was making my nose bleed down the back of my throat. Next it was an OTC saline spray, which does seem to help when I can't stop "ah-hem"ing.

I've made an appointment for next Wednesday, so in the meantime, really just not trying to catastrophise and think the worst.

Mine began with post-nasal drip, which was never really treated. You will find a lot of people here have had Omaprezole. It worked like magic for me, I have about two a month now!

Hi Speranza. Did you ever spit out any coloured mucus when you were refluxing? Last night after dinner I burped and liquid came up into my throat. Afterwards I was coughing and kept spitting orange-ish coloured mucus. I had a couple of gaviscon and lo and behold I was able to sleep on my right side.

I'm still going to the doctor on Wednesday, but last night kind of freaked me out. I was laying in bed and when I woke up, I could hear this fizzing noise in my throat. I also had a sour taste in the back of my throat. I got up and took a gaviscon, and not long after my digestive tract started making all of these weird gurgling noises and eventually the fizzing sound went away.

Today, I've been spitting out a bit of orange coloured mucus when I clear my throat (I wonder if that's acid that's been sitting in my throat). Also my throat sounds like a drain pipe (gurgling) after I have something to drink, and I've been burping a bit.

Can anyone put my mind at ease a bit by telling me they've had similar symptoms with acid reflux?

Thread Information