Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CA125 blood test info

CA125 blood test info

I recently had the ca125blood test as i have a cyst on my ovary. My result was normal so does that mean My cyst is benign? X

Re: CA125 blood test info

That blood test is to test for ovarian cancer so I am not sure how that relates to ovarian cysts to be honest.

Most cysts go on there own. Mine have twice now.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

What size were your cysts nicola?

I am not sure Pearl to be honest.

When they have rescanned them (both times I have had them) they had shrunk on their own and I assume they are ok now. I only had them scanned twice and was told I didn't need to go back as they had reduced.

I remember the doctor saying one was bigger than normal (whatever that means) but because it was smaller the 2nd time I had it scanned they were happy enough to leave it.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I have a 5.4 cm ovarian cyst, I had to go to hospital for a check up for post menopausal bleeding and it was discovered then.

The CA125 is routinely checked with ovarian cysts, it's only just to double check and doesn't mean that they think you have cancer, it's just done routinely, my CA125 was normal.

However, because I'm post menopausal, my cyst is stubborn, because you need the monthly hormones to take them back down, mine was still there and the same size when I went for a follow up scan 6 months later. My gynae said that it's perfectly ok for it to just stay there as there are no suspicious looking dense or solid matter in the cyst.

I can go and have both ovaries removed should the cyst ever cause me any symptoms, but it doesn't at all, I don't even know it's there and it was only discovered through having my womb scanned, an incidental find they called it.

I do have to say though, that sometimes, not often, I do have a little niggle in the back of my mind about whether it could change, it's a very, very rare event I know, but it still sometimes bothers me that we aren't seeing what it's doing. I may even ask my doctor if I can have another scan, a year has passed since my last one, just to check it out for my own peace of mind

I had two cysts last year on my left ovary, one was 5cm by 3cm and can't remember the size of the other one. I went for a follow up ultrasound 6 months later and one had disappeared altogether (apparently they can burst and you know nothing about it) and one had shrunk , so I do not have to return for a follow up. I don't know if the CA125 blood tests relates to cysts though as I don't think I have had this blood test. Take Care. x

Maybe it was because I am post menopausal that I had to have the CA125 then?? My gynea told me it's just done as a routine check up but maybe he meant for old biddies like me!!!

My cyst is 6cm an. Is complex so had to have the blood test because of the complex xx im back for a re scan 6 weeks after they found it, And said if it had not gone id prob have it removed xxx

---------- Post added at 20:22 ---------- Previous post was at 20:21 ----------

So im wondering if cuz ive had the blood test does that mean the cyst isnt cancerous?!

I think it is routine to give you the blood test - well I had it done as well

I asked the sonographer if I had a fluid filled cyst would I have had the blood test and she said no xx she said she was testing it because of the complex xxxx but she didnt tell me more details of the blood test xx so am wondering if its sstill could be cancerous xxx these last six weeks have been hell

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information