Thread: High Blood Pressure reading

High Blood Pressure reading

I thought my cardiophobia was over with. I have had high blood pressure since high school (I am 26 now) and take medication for it but was feeling just a little strange and went in to get it checked. I haven't taken my medication for it yet today (or any meds at all for that matter).

My first reading was high at 150/96 and then she said Oh My and that deep dark feeling started in. She took a second reading and it was higher at 166/102 and a pulse of 117. I started panicking. I asked her if I was going to die and she said "why would you die? it's just a little high is all". I told her about my cardiophobia and she said to visit with my doctor about it but she didn't htink I was in any imminent danger.

Now I feel I'm gonna die. Can you die from a high blood pressure reading? (Why am I seeking reassurance? I don't know)

My advice to myself would be "no". But it feels so real, I am freaking out. I took my medication plus a Xanax to calm myself the heck down. Now my anxiety will reproduce all of the physical symptoms I'm sure. ARGH

Guess I just need some help from others that struggle with High blood pressure and cardiophobia.

Re: High Blood Pressure reading

No, you're not going to die of a high blood pressure reading. Honestly Although I cant talk I think I'm going to drop down dead of a heart attack/blockage/sudden cardiac death etc any minute now so I know how you feel x

Re: High Blood Pressure reading

I know men that have had high blood pressure for many many years. They are still here and at around 60 years old.

You were also probably worried about the reading so that would put them even higher when you're stressed.

The numbers you got won't kill you anytime in the next months. But you most likely know that deep down.

Best of luck to you

Thread Information