Thread: To help those with fast heart rate.

To help those with fast heart rate.

I hope Nic and Alex that you don't mind me quoting a passage from a Dr Claire Weekes book. I often see people here with fast heart rate and they are frightened (me too), so I would like to share a passage from the book 'Peace from nervous suffering'.

........"If you suffer in this way, be prepared to live with this quick beating, to accept the racing, thumping, as part of the process of recovery, until your nerves become less sensitized. You have made the mistake of thinking that while your heart continues to beat quickly, you must be ill. It may be weeks before you cease to be conscious of your heart's quick action, but once you accept it, you will be getting better all the time. There is no magic switch to calm your heart immediately, although sedatives help".

Re: To help those with fast heart rate.

Thanks for posting that - I read that exact same passage earlier today. I'm trying to confront my physical anxiety symptoms at the minute, you could say I'm just really starting out though.

Although Claire mentions that sedatives can help, she was writing at a time when doctors were more willing to prescribe diazepam and other benzos. However, there are plenty of natural sedatives that can help, including chamomile, passionflower and valerian, that can take the edge off any anxiety.

Thread Information