Thread: Diazepam legality?

Diazepam legality?

Do you carry yours around with you? I was watching a programme the other day and they mentioned lorazepam and that it was a controlled drug, I guess this means it has to be prescribed?

I have a full packet, not took one of them I carry in my backpack now, its got a prescription label on it with my name. I think if I was stopped and searched by police it would be OK? Its unlikely I would be though as I don't live in a urban area.

I also want to go to my doctor and get a new packet as its dated from 2010 and they might be losing efficiency? I know the doctors don't like giving them out but as I haven't taken any from this packet he would know I'm not addicted to them or something.

Re: Diazepam legality?

There seems to be a lot of hype surrounding Diazepam now and many doctors are reluctant to prescribe it. My thoughts are that obviously it is addictive when used in the long term, but also that it has become a bit of a 'street drug' and is being misused. I believe there are new regulations and guidance for GP's to adhere to when considering prescribing Diazepam now.

In answer to your question, if you carry them around with you (as I do) and they have been prescribed by your GP for you, there would not be a problem should you get stopped and searched.

The packet you have should have a 'use by' date on the box have you checked this? I am not sure if or how much they would lose efficiency if out of date.

Kitti

You'll be fine - I think its a class C drug, but only if you carry it without a prescription - ie you got it from a friend or from a shady character on the street rather than your GP or other medical professional.

Any drugs are fine to carry as long as they have been prescribed to you ( otherwise the GP's wouldn't be able to prescribe them )

I thought it would be OK, was just checking what other people thought

Strangely the pack I have doesn't seem to have a use by date on it, it seems to be a generic white box with the dispensary label stuck on it, the tablets say Diazepam 2mg Tablets MA-Holder: TEVA UK ltd on them. Also some number probably a batch number.
    Last edited by mike83; 16-10-13 at 01:27. Reason: spelling

oh I have a TEVA blister pack, it has the batch number on and next to that the date 05/2016 (prescribed 1/10/13) so maybe they last about 3 years?

Just a thought lol

Oh yeah I see it now thanks Its on the blister pack, says 09/2012 so I guess its out of date!

Thread Information