Thread: So I got my blood test results back...does anyone else question their results??

So I got my blood test results back...does anyone else question their results??

hi
    I got my full blood test results back today which pretty much covered vitamins, iron levels, inflammation levels, WBC, thyroid etc and it came back normal but I keep questioning it. Does anyone else do this? I felt relief when she told me and a big smile broke out but then I started thinking "will the doctor call me back and I've received someone elses? Jeez!!!!! Why can't I give it up?!?!
    I got tests done because for the last few weeks, if not months I had been getting dizzy spells, shakiness, weakness, sore breasts and arm pits, swollen glands, loss of appetite, IBS, in fact the list goes on so I had the lovely HA on top so I was scared out of my wits. They gave me this news today and I still don't feel like celebrating. I really do think coming off the pill has messed with my mind, both being on it for 13 years and coming off it. I have a psychology apt being processed at the moment but does anyone else question their results??

Re: So I got my blood test results back...does anyone else question their results??

Hi,

It is great news your results are clear, but you really need to try if you can to be rational and believe it. What is the likelihood that your results are 'mixed up' with someone else's? Thousands and thousands of blood tests are taken, and if that was a frequent occurence, nobody would get valid results!

It isn't. In 10 years of nursing, i never heard of any hospital patient getting someone else's results. Ever.

The only reason your blood results would be 'off' is if the sample was not a good one.Some blood tests have haemolysed when sampled, so the results are inaccurate (or if the sample wasn't big enough to test at all) and the lab will spot this themselves anyway, before results are given over. You must try to trust that they know what they are doing, and are very skilled people!

It is your anxiety driving your disbelief, and nothing wrong with the results. I know it is hard, but try if you can to remind yourself of this whenever you doubt.

Most of your symptoms sound anxiety driven to me. I have had them all, and then some!

Hugs to you.x

Re: So I got my blood test results back...does anyone else question their results??

Thank you debs71 You have put my mind at ease. I don't understand why my mind works this way, drives me insane as I'm sure you already know yourself. I think google made things a whole lot worse as well so I have learned my lesson. Thank you so much for your reply and I will try to look at things in a more positive light. I hope you are well today?

Well had blood tests done recently myself and I ha low iron stores and slightly low folic acid. Everything on google talks about low folic acid being rare in younger people and mostly people over 80 it affects. So ofcourse I was readin into all the scary possible causes. Even though the logical part of me was reminding me I only gave birth 6 months ago and I have a terrible diet and I'm breastfeeding!

It's been 3 weeks since those results and since then I have been eating a balanced diet and taking a multi vitamin. Eating fresh veg with all my meals and more chicken and red meat. Anyway got my results back today and folic acid has gOne fro
    2.7 to 16! My iron stores(ferritin) have gone from 23 to 40! And my b12 although normal was at the very low range of normal and that's increased from 204 to 350!

Anyway my point is that docs know when things are good and they are not slow in telling you when they are not!

Thank you LE. I always have these doubts in my mind and it's the constant questioning so it's nice to have people help you think more rational thoughts. I am trying so hard to replace negative with positive...thank you

---------- Post added at 20:54 ---------- Previous post was at 20:50 ----------

Oh can I say, I was worried because being mostly vegan (i'm working on it) that I could have been low in B12 and like you I read many horror stories on the internet and even my doctor dismissed my fears. So it was a relief. Diet does play a big part and I think through stress, your body doesn't absorb them as well as it should. I am hoping for a full body detox soon and hopefully in turn rid myself of negative emotions and thoughts! Here's hoping!! Thanks again

Sorry to but in, LE did you take any iron sulphate specifically? I had an iron count of 25 so they out me on tablets twice a day but have had to cut down to one as they were giving me bad indigestion. Worried I'm not ingesting enough.

Thread Information