Thread: From Citalopram to Sertraline

Unhappy From Citalopram to Sertraline

So I bit the bullet and went to the doctor today and explained to her citalopram isnt working anymore. Ive been on 20mgs now 4years and although it did help my mood slightly it did nothing for anxiety or panic...have to start taking 50mgs sertraline tomorrow...worried about any horrible symtoms of coming off citalopram and starting these new meds :( I was sooooo ill for the 1st 2-3weeks of citalopram! Anything has to be better than how I am just now tho! She also prescribed me 2mgs of diazepam to get me through the 1st few days x

Re: From Citalopram to Sertraline

You'll be fine hun

I did the switch from Citalopram to Sertraline last year. My doctor also gave me some 2mg Diazepam to help my through.

The only thing I had was a little hike in my anxiety, nothing major, I only needed to take the Diazepam a couple of times in the first few days, apart from that, I found it manageable

I didn't get any other side effects apart from one day that I feel a wee bit sick, but that may not even have been a side effect, it could have just been one of those things.

Give us a shout if you need anymore help, and do please, let us know how you're doing hun

Thanks Auntie Moosie its good to know theres other people been there too x

If it helps i've just come off Clomipramine ( obviously not the same as Cit but still gave me nasty side effects to begin with ), no tapering, went straight onto Sertraline 50mg with not too bad side effects so ( easier said than done ) try not to think too negatively , with meds side effects aren't necessarily too bad for everyone every time, hope the meds work for you!

I also did the same swap, one day the Cit' the next the Sert'. Walk in the park compared to starting a SSRI for the first time, very, very little new side effects!

Steve

Ive actually had a really good day!!! Took my 1st setraline this morning and have managed the day with no panic attacks or anxiety and a pretty good mood. Went out to the gym and tge sunbeds! Its amazing because these past few weeks on Citalopram I was a nervous wreak and didnt want to go anywhere or do anything. Not wanting to get my hopes up too much though and will take it a day at a time x

Thread Information