Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well, this is embarrassing!

Re: Well, this is embarrassing!

gla, are your's inside or outside? Mine, if that's what they are, are inside and are fine when I'm lying down but the 'big lump feeling' is there as soon as I sit down or when I'm driving and it 'aches' more than a pain. Doesn't hurt when I go to the loo but hurts like made when I insert a suppository....no bleeding though so does that still sound like piles? Have had this for the past couple of months now. Have got it into my mind that it's a rectal tumour or a tumour on my coccyx as the achey, pressure feeling is in that area too. I have also had another couple of 'pale' stools again so now I'm convinced that it could also be pancreatic problems (Dr. Google...). I'm terrified of going to the doctor's. I've had a bowel abcess in the past which resulted in surgery (30 years ago now) so always have IBS type issues and I'm stressed at the moment as I've just gone through 4 month's of stress at work due to redundancy and I've been for an interview this morning - got myself in a right panic as I think "what's the point of accepting the job if I've got something seriously wrong with myself and am dying anyway?" I'm in a rubbish place and I can't get a grip. I've had a reasonably good two weeks re my anxiety but this has now got me terrified again. Just as you always seem to make some progress, it's always just under the surface and I'm sick of reacting in this way. Tests and prods etc. don't bother me, I'm just terrified of the results....

Re: Well, this is embarrassing!

Hi jules, sorry for the late reply!

hmm, it does sound like its possible you have piles - certainly, I get some discomfort/feeling of something just being there. So it could be that you have some internal piles that aren't too irritated right now. They are in a place though that's too hard to check out yourself, so I think the best thing would be to see your gp, and they will put your mind at rest, I bet

Its been about 10 days since I went to the doctors, and got my ointment and such. The ointment is so messy, its really frustrating But it does help a bit. I've still got a lot going on down there though, so am checking the post every day in case something comes through about my referral. I was hoping to have had a letter by now... I may have to chase this up before another painful bout happens!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information