Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Citalopram - third time round

Citalopram - third time round

Hi there

I'm new to this forum - so hello everyone!

I won't go into detail about my story here, but basically I've recently had a very bad relapse of anxiety and depression, and I've gone back on Citalopram. I've been on this medication twice before (I think!) and I really think it worked wonders - I didn't notice any side effects, and after weeks of using it I felt strong enough to go back to work, and then only a few months down the line I would suddenly realise I hadn't been worrying recently.

However, I've now been taking it again for 2 months, and I don't feel any benefit. I'm more anxious than I've ever been - I'm unable to work, and have moved back with my parents. Every day is a struggle. Does anyone know if it can stop working if you have been off and on the drug several times, or am I possibly just in a worse place this time and need a higher dose?

Many thanks for any advice
    x

Re: Citalopram - third time round

Hi xtopher. I have been on cipramil for ten yrs 20mg , 9 yrs symptom free virtually. A month ago all my symptoms returned (triggered by stress I think). My dr increased my dosage yo 40mg ten dsys ago so I'm in the early stages of feeling any benefit atm. What dose are u currently taking?
    Dont give up
    X

Hi Britabb, thanks for your reply. I'm on 30mg at the moment. Every time before I've been on 20mg. Dr is suggesting going on ANOTHER antidepressant! Mitrazapine or something I believe. I would really like to deal with this without taking more medication, especially as I feel the current one isn't working this time!

Hey im the same. Dr prescribed me citalopram yesterday. First time it worked amazing although I had side affects at the start I got through them. 2nd time I was on it for 12 weeks and felt so so bad so come off & now this time im dreading starting them coz of how I felt before... hope you get it sorted :( awful to suffer especially because I used to b such an outgoing girl & had no fear. Now im a nervous mess wanting to quit my job!!

I was on 30mg for a week but the dr said a good dose to work is 40mg. Maybe suggest to gp thatan increase to 40mg for a while before trying another ad. Its so frustrating isnt it?! I'm waiting for that day when I wake up feeling myself again. You are not alone. Im happy to talk anytime
    X

---------- Post added at 16:32 ---------- Previous post was at 16:29 ----------

Hi michaela. U sound like me. A lot like me. I was up there! What happened?! ×

Very frustrating britabb! Im worried because ive always had support to get me through but ive split up with my partner so on my own this time x

---------- Post added at 17:34 ---------- Previous post was at 17:32 ----------

Stress happened :( ive been so bad for about a month now. My biggest ever regret was stopping the cit in the first placa after I got better x

Youre not alone in the virtual world. I'm here as a friend if u need someone to talk to. I have support around me but I'm alone in my head if u get me x

---------- Post added at 16:36 ---------- Previous post was at 16:34 ----------

I swear if sorry when! I get better I'm stsying on it. If it works its worth it x

Yes I no exactly what you mean hun. Im debating whether to take a few days or week off work and try to get myself together. I split with my sons dad after 7 years and hes really messing with my head. Wants me then doesnt etc its awful and heart breaking everytime he comes to see my son x

Sometimes a few days off work helps. I got signed off for 2 weeks. I'm due back next wed. Take some time out. Rest, sleep and do nothing. I had to cos the side effects are killing me this time. Try and not see your ex. Could u get someone to do the pick up/drop offs? X

It is an option im looking into. Want to get rid of this anxiety before I do anything about him. Im scared about starting these tabs tonight but I think im suffering anyway so its not going to do anything worse. I kimd of go through this once a year atleast so I think if they work then next year I will be makimg a new years resolution that 2014 I will not come off my tabs. So how are you feeling ablut going back to work x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information