Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Around 3 hours broken sleep in 48 hours and have to go to work today

Re: Around 3 hours broken sleep in 48 hours and have to go to work today

Quote Originally Posted by Annie0904 View Post
    I agree with Honeylove, you should stay off the caffeine totally. I would also avoid napping and just get an early night tonight.
    It's so hard though, I can feel my eyes going already :(

It isn't likely to be fatal insomnia though?

- Emily Brontė

"No matter how irrational I may sound, it's real to me"

It is NOT going to be fatal insomnia...No. I quite often go for days with only a few hours sleep a night and I have survived

I know it's stupid but I'm so worried I'm going to die.

I don't think I slept at all last night.

- Emily Brontė

Quote Originally Posted by GirlAfraid23 View Post
    It's so hard though, I can feel my eyes going already :(

It isn't likely to be fatal insomnia though?
    If you're having trouble with insomnia and anxiety then it's best to totally avoid caffeine! Even in the early morning. Seriously that's anxiety/insomnia 101, and the amount you've been drinking (if that's what you drink every day) is definitely going to put an already frazzled nervous system on edge.

I can't even have a cup of tea regularly, if I have caffeine every day it really affects my sleep and anxiety. You also need to avoid other stimulants like sugary foods/drinks or junk foods.

This includes avoiding any type of chocolate and caffeinated drinks like cola or green tea or hot chocolate.

If you've been drinking a lot of caffeine every day then it's advisable to wean yourself off slowly rather than go cold turkey, so look into that.

It's much more likely to be causing your insomnia than it actually being fatal insomnia, think logically about it. Maybe have a read about ways to improve your sleep quality, rather than googling about things like fatal insomnia, that'll help you so much more xx

Quote Originally Posted by HoneyLove View Post
    If you're having trouble with insomnia and anxiety then it's best to totally avoid caffeine! Even in the early morning. Seriously that's anxiety/insomnia 101, and the amount you've been drinking (if that's what you drink every day) is definitely going to put an already frazzled nervous system on edge.

I can't even have a cup of tea regularly, if I have caffeine every day it really affects my sleep and anxiety. You also need to avoid other stimulants like sugary foods/drinks or junk foods.

This includes avoiding any type of chocolate and caffeinated drinks like cola or green tea or hot chocolate.

If you've been drinking a lot of caffeine every day then it's advisable to wean yourself off slowly rather than go cold turkey, so look into that.

It's much more likely to be causing your insomnia than it actually being fatal insomnia, think logically about it. Maybe have a read about ways to improve your sleep quality, rather than googling about things like fatal insomnia, that'll help you so much more xx
    That all makes sense but I have been sleeping well for the last few weeks even on Sunday/Monday night this week I managed 7.5 hours sleep. And I was still drinking the same amount of caffeine.

---------- Post added at 15:14 ---------- Previous post was at 15:14 ----------

So why has it suddenly come on now?

- Emily Brontė

There can be so many reasons - hormones, extra stress, illness, medication, etc. - but basically sometimes we can handle more, sometimes we can handle less. Don't overanalyse it.

But if you're struggling to sleep, or if you find yourself returning to an anxiety forum then you've got to look at the things in your life that may be adding to your problems.

I am due on my period any day now so could that be related?

Mine is also extreme anxiety about sleeping because of work. I know I have to get up I. The morning for work therefore know I have to sleep and this makes it harder and harder. Although when I'm not going through an insomnia patch (last week and start of this one) I'm absolutely fine sleeping on a work night and have very little trouble going back to sleep if I wake up.
    It's like I am two different personalities/two different people, very frustrating.

---------- Post added at 18:34 ---------- Previous post was at 17:30 ----------

Hope I do sleep tonight! Think of me guys and girls.

---------- Post added at 19:10 ---------- Previous post was at 18:34 ----------

It is NOT going to be fatal insomnia...No. I quite often go for days with only a few hours sleep a night and I have survived
    may I ask how you manage the next day? I always feel awful.

- Emily Brontė

I feel exhausted and grumpy but just have to get on with it. I guess once you have kids you get more used to having hardly any sleep

---------- Post added at 19:13 ---------- Previous post was at 19:12 ----------

(It isn't kids that keep me awake now though..my youngest is 23 and they all have their own homes)

I feel exhausted and grumpy but just have to get on with it. I guess once you have kids you get more used to having hardly any sleep

---------- Post added at 19:13 ---------- Previous post was at 19:12 ----------

(It isn't kids that keep me awake now though..my youngest is 23 and they all have their own homes)
    That's what I've heard, especially babies obviously.

Listening to a bit of classical music tonight.

- Emily Brontė

I suggest you get into a bedtime routine and stick to it. Hot bath, warm drink of horlicks or chamomile tea, stay off the computer for an hour before bed and relax with some music or read for a while.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information